Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwis by Beat

1. rezo's stuff makes me happy. Hey rezo, do you know anything about Jay Ryan? Just curious. His stuff on Andrew Bird's album Andrew Bird & The Mysterious Production of Eggs is great. You should check the cd out. The music reminds me of your stuff too for some reason.

http://www.thebirdmachine.com/galler...y_2005_2.html#
    Last edited by Scourge; 21 Feb 2006 at 05:05 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kuro
    I've been reading "Let's Do it Forever" for two days straight now. If there are any printings of this I will buy a copy A.S.A.P.
    Where is Let's Do it Forever? I find your website design style to be very peculiar when it comes to navigating rezo. Your comic work is outstanding as usual though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I suck at webdesign so I don't think about much it beyond getting the page to work =\

Let's Do it Forever is my old comic. Just click on the "other works" button... which is supposed to eventually lead to an actual other works page, but I'll don't know if I'll ever get around to it.

rezo's stuff makes me happy. Hey rezo, do you know anything about Jay Ryan? Just curious.
    Never heard of him, some of the stuff on that site is nice though. Like this.

4. I have no problem with your handwriting at all, I actually really like it. Your sense of humor is also really great (I loved the sun in the Comics Revue that says "I hate xxxx"). The only real problem I have with your style is your watercolors in "minus". It's just been done so many times before, and while it still looks really great, it's not really fresh (although the comic is great) visually. Try to make it "your own" a little bit.

5. It was originally going to have richer paints closer to something like this:

but I stopped doing the first one after I finished the underpainting, and so now they're all just underpainting. I probably won't change it though since they can be made so quickly =\ .

6. You do really wonderful stuff. I never see any suggestions that you should heed regarding how to draw or paint. Do exactly what you do and you'll be fine. Hell, better than fine.

I want you to know that Minus is currently my mostest favouritest webcomic ever so far, and probably my favourite comic after Calvin & Hobbes.

8. I think Minus would be amazingly awesome in the newspaper. Please don't take that as an insult.

9. Thanks you two.

Please don't take that as an insult.
    I couldn't take that as an insult. minus is a pretend old newspaper strip.

10. Alright, just I know some people hate the comics and think they suck nowdays, so I didn't want to imply that hehe.