Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwis by Beat

1. Minus makes me laugh and then cry and then laugh again. You make nice stories, rezo.
    Ben Wilson made me laugh and cry and then cry and then laugh. And then cry. You're so good at that.
    Donk

2. minus. is amazing, Rezo. Great job.

3. I'm weirded out by the people who could get empathetic towards Minus after she popped all of dude's balloons and killed him. For me, the emotional investment Minus' problems might otherwise have had was ruined at that point. If the series ends with Minus being put down for "not being understood", I'm going to laugh.

The appeal here is that, as a child, I always wished I could have some sort of powers like Minus, to eff with the jerks in my life. That Minus has those powers, and does what you (as a child) would probably wish you'd be able to do, is awesome. Even now you probably feel sometimes like, "gee, I'd like to smash my boss's head through a wall with no repercussions." This comic is where you can get some of that freedom vicariously.

5. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima
    I'm weirded out by the people who could get empathetic towards Minus after she popped all of dude's balloons and killed him. For me, the emotional investment Minus' problems might otherwise have had was ruined at that point. If the series ends with Minus being put down for "not being understood", I'm going to laugh.
    I almost didn't make that one.

But then I did, once I sorted things out clearly in my head.

The comic is as likely to end with minus being put down for "not being understood" as it is with minus winning everyone over with her stunning charm! I don't write with an overall message in mind or anything like that, to me it's all just stuff that happens in the life of the character so things will go wherever they go and stop somewhere in the middle.

As long as you don't reveal in the end that she's been imagining her powers this whole time.

7. But then you can make a single "OR HAS SHE!?" moment.

Srsly.
    Donk

Shut up, Finch.

9. So i'm not completely polluting the thread without reason;

Rezo, the link to buy the book on the 2006 Comic Revue page is broken. Not the picture one, the one in the last update.
    Donk

10. Great work as usual Rezo. You know I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    So i'm not completely polluting the thread without reason;

Rezo, the link to buy the book on the 2006 Comic Revue page is broken. Not the picture one, the one in the last update.
    OR IS IT?