Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwis by Beat

1. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    Ben Stilson
    I laughed.
    Donk

2. I love this comic and i check it daily. along with my other 19 (no robobo)
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

WHY NOT ROBOBOBOBOBO!???
    I took all your French Toast.

man I'm setting up a dART page and saw Minus advertised on there. Reminded me that it was time to pay you another compliment.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Thanks. Devart is more affordable than most places, but I think half of the people who click on the ad are Russian.

I am posting in here right now because I am wondering what people think of the current storyline with the aliens? It is bothering me but I sorta have to see it through to the end. Usually the storylines are figured out from beginning to end well before I even think of drawing them, but in this case, after I drew the brick wall strip I suddenly thought "oh shit she should go through space now" and sorta didn't ... think... about what should happen after that.

also I guess I'll mention that at the beginning of the month I started a new comic about a ghost who wanders around being bored.

6. I like the new story. Good variety in the Minus story, and i like how she's not quite able to grasp the alien culture. OR IS SHE. MINUS IS A STREET WORKING WOMAN!?
    Donk

7. I don't like it. I think it's better if the end is the first comic where the wall extends when she takes off. That last panel is beautiful. I'd stop it there. Plus, it seems like it's too literal if she goes to space and finds aliens. I always think of minus as being a little more parable-like than that.

I think it's fine but you have to deal with issues of minus being a new kind of outcast. She's not just different anymore, she's different and doesn't know what to do about it.
    There's a few ways you can take this:
    1) She learns how to fit in. Not very minus like.
    2) She deals with being different the way she did on Earth, finding her own path up there until she's acceptd by some, and then returns to Earth with some new lessons.
    3) REVENGE AGAINST THE ALIENS!

That's pretty much how I see it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Thanks for the comments. I'm not really worried about how to wrap the story up, it's more of an issue of the ideas for the strips being "here is what happens next" and not "here is something interesting", so I don't think its worth making people wait a week to see each one. Like... its not good as a comic strip or something. I thought about it a little and I decided I'll just put up the last two parts of it next week and get them out of the way, then make a bunch of standalone ones for October.

That last panel is beautiful. I'd stop it there.
    I sorta want to do that but I don't think it'd be cool to stop something I started on halfway.

MINUS IS A STREET WORKING WOMAN!?
    It is one of the few ideas that made me laugh to myself when I was drawing the thumbnails.

10. Grats on the Eisner Nomination Rezo!
    -Myk