Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwis by Beat

1. Kiwis by Beat

New website I am launching some time next week maybe. The site design isn't completely done but everything is in place more or less.

Comes with two comics, which will both update once a week.

The 2006 comics revue - which is a collection of short stories(like the one in my sig) I put together at the end of last year for a book. The first part is up here.

and

minus - which is a comic strip I started two weeks ago and am painting on 15x20 illustration boards.

Only one is on the site right but here are the two that will come after it:

this!

and this!

I'm not good with comic strips(I feel like I am wasting ideas when I can only use them on a single strip) so I may stop doing that one after I get 30 done or so and then move on to white plains comic thing I posted some panels from a while back.

thatisit.

2. The minus comics look seriously great.

Makes me wish I could get my hands on one of those nice comprehensive Little Nemo coffee table books.

3. I like em (the watercolored strips). No one is going to fault you for the coloring choices, they always look great, even whimsical, one might dare say. The coloring in the balloon story was especially good (the treatment of the building in the b/g especially). I like the idea of the handwritten dialogue and text, but I'd try to clean up your handwriting some if you want to stick with that. Sometimes it errs on the side of messy instead of charming. Others may feel differently.

The strips themselves aren't exactly my thing, but I appreciate them for what they are. Not funny, per se, but surreal little stories that seem to offer everything at first glance. I definitely think there's a place for those on the net.

The website/comics revue I'm a little confused by, but I think that's from the incomplete navigation at this point.

4. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    I like the idea of the handwritten dialogue and text, but I'd try to clean up your handwriting some if you want to stick with that. Sometimes it errs on the side of messy instead of charming. Others may feel differently.

My handwriting has never been any good. I only stick with it out of stubbornness. =\

What was confusing about the sites though? They're not complete, but there's not going to be much of a change to the navigation of them. Pretty much just "previous comic" "main page/archive" "next comic" with the site's main page just being a hub that links to the various comics, so whatever is confusing you might still be around when they're complete =\.

5. You're so damn good. All three of the new comics are excellent. I especially like the last two panels of the tree and snowball strips. They got me laughing and tie up the little story very nicely.

6. I love you rezo... I love your terrible handwriting too, you horrible, horrible child. And i love your comics, and pretty much anything you draw.
    Donk

7. where do i sign up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

8. I've been reading "Let's Do it Forever" for two days straight now. If there are any printings of this I will buy a copy A.S.A.P.
    All is well.

9. I'm going to get around to making a book for it later this month. I have to rescan and edit over 400 pages though, so I have no idea when it will all be done. Probably something I should have done when the comic finished last year, probably.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    I love you rezo... I love your terrible handwriting too, you horrible, horrible child. And i love your comics, and pretty much anything you draw.
    I agree with this. Both your art and your sense of humor are outstanding, rezo. <3
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.