Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robobo fan fiction

1. The qualludes Jimmy, you promised me qualludes.

I'll probably get you and Fury and rezo to help me out with Christmas Land. I want it to have more of a graphic feel to it so I'll post it up for tips and shit like that when I'm closer to the first stage. I'm planning on having a page turning script integrated in to the story so you'll physically be able to turn the pages as you read it (with your cursor) to give it a real book feel.

Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    If it means anything, I made my first site after spending a few hours reading an html tutorial. Not a pinnacle of web design by any means, and I still have little idea of what I'm doing when it comes to that sort of thing, but it did the job. There are also free services like Drunk Duck that handle most of the management for you so you can just make the comics and upload the pictures.
    The only problem with free services is that they are usually not that flexible to what you want to do. Like... there's always something simple that you want to do differently that their script can't accomodate. Jonas was thinking about selling himself as a custom database and comic strip updater since he's really quite good at creating unique databases integrated with php (he did it for bolt 3 and built robobo from scratch).

Also I would recommend Kaneda use a horizontal scroll bar for comics like the Qualludes Robobo one he did. It seems to lend itself better than the typical verticle scroll all websites have.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Feb 2006 at 11:06 PM.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. I want to see Aurora's Robobo comic.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. You're right about the free services not being flexible, but that just reminded me of Webcomics Nation. It's a not free service that offers a lot of tools made for running a webcomic + the freedom to do whatever you want with it. It may be something to check out.Maybe.

4. I think you're all forgetting that real joke of this thread is that the art in Kaneda's one comic far surpasses anything Robobo has ever done with characters, colors, or story. Really, it doesn't matter how good they are about updating their site on time and what have you, it doesn't matter that they have motivation coming out the wazoo. The end product is still 3rd grade art class level amatuerish garbage. No one should reward a bad product merely because of the conviction of its creators.
    Time for a change

5. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    I think you're all forgetting that real joke of this thread is that the art in Kaneda's one comic far surpasses anything Robobo has ever done with characters, colors, or story. Really, it doesn't matter how good they are about updating their site on time and what have you, it doesn't matter that they have motivation coming out the wazoo. The end product is still 3rd grade art class level amatuerish garbage. No one should reward a bad product merely because of the conviction of its creators.
    Irrelevant: The g0zen Story.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    I think you're all forgetting that real joke of this thread is that the art in Kaneda's one comic far surpasses anything Robobo has ever done with characters, colors, or story. Really, it doesn't matter how good they are about updating their site on time and what have you, it doesn't matter that they have motivation coming out the wazoo. The end product is still 3rd grade art class level amatuerish garbage. No one should reward a bad product merely because of the conviction of its creators.
    Leave this kinda garbage to the other topic man. Can't you see that this topic is actually off to a decent start?

I find it funny that somehow I managed to update our website even though I was out with my girlfriend all evening. lol.

I was being hard up in my first post of this topic because we do work really hard on our website and I think we are progressing greatly. A lot of people do 'get' our style of humour and do enjoy and return to our comic. That's what makes it all worth it. We don't have a huge audience yet. In fact each comic nets about 800 viewers until the next comic is up and running. So that's not bad for us right now and considering we only advertised that once.

Our website was programmed by myself. PHP based, I have scripts to update/reply and check traffic stats on all the comics. So I can see which comics are more popular (mostly our gaming ones... and the ones that elude to homosexuals ha). The archive was actually quite easy to code since it's just one page pulling in the information for each ID number (each comic has an ID)

If you guys honestly want to play around with Robobo, here's an idea. Take a comic of ours from the archive, download it, use some image program to white out the bubbles and place in your own text. I will make a feature section that has 'Create Your Own Adventure - Robobo Style' and I will place all the ones I see in this topic in there. If you want to do a completely unique fanfic - go ahead but maybe it's easier for those who don't want to do too much work to download a comic - white it out and replace the dialogue.

7. 406 people saw your fan fiction Kaneda. I had one person I know MSN me and ask WTF was going on in it.

8. haha. I've arrived.

9. 654 now.