Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robobo fan fiction

1. Robobo fan fiction

I think this is a bold new direction for the Robobo franchise.

2. lol.

A+

3. This thread deserves more exposure than artist's block.
    -Kyo

4. Oh shit, it's...incredible. Panel six fulfills me. I don't normally much care for your style, but it fits this scene perfectly. I lol'd, more than once.

I was actually thinking of doing something like this earlier, but I figured people would mock me for wasting my time. Now it's obvious how wrong they were (or would have been). Can this be thread for all Robobo-related fan fic?

edit: I just noticed the dots in the blue. zomg

5. So... now you guys are going to have a special thread to make fun of us?

If you are honestly just doing it for fun, then fine by me. Have your fun but if this turns into a bash fest where you come just to mock and rape our hard work then please stop.

6. This is beautiful.

7. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    I was actually thinking of doing something like this earlier, but I figured people would mock me for wasting my time. Now it's obvious how wrong they were (or would have been). Can this be thread for all Robobo-related fan fic?
    It's easy to take someone elses work and berate it in a fit of jealousy instead of creating and realizing your own world, to put it out there only to realize that fifty people on a message board are really the only ones who find it interesting or worthwhile and the best you could hope for.

At the same time I enjoy this comic, and will post it on Robobo as an official fan fic. If you do one I'll also put it up. If it's any good that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    It's easy to take someone elses work and berate it in a fit of jealousy instead of creating and realizing your own world, to put it out there only to realize that fifty people on a message board are really the only ones who find it interesting or worthwhile and the best you could hope for.
    He could just be making fun. You know, without the jealousy or anything.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Oh whatever, Kaneda's comic barely has anything to do with the actual Robobo characters, nor was it in any way "berating" what you guys have done. He took the idea from your slogan "He's not a jerk...he just doesn't know better" and went way into left field with it. The dot noise in the blue was just an in-joke for the TNL'ers who've gone through all the drama in the Robobo thread. Sure it's something of a pointless effort, but those that are in the know, it's great.

Remember Rama's great batman/robin comic? Would you say the same thing? Should he not be so jealous and uncreative and create his own comic character? Obviously, no, that would defeat the point of the gag.

If you do one I'll also put it up. If it's any good that is.
    Well, there goes my sass-o-meter.

Nah, I like Kaneda's. Plus, you two are sounding way too bitter about it. Personally, I'd be flattered someone bothered making something based of what I've created. That's why it's fan-fic, and not cynic-fic.

10. It's up. I put it up.

Quote Originally Posted by reso
    He could just be making fun. You know, without the jealousy or anything.
    I could be wrong and perhaps he just has a lot of spare time on his hands to be harrassing people through comical strips. Whichever one it is fine by me. I am appreciative of his continued support.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    Nah, I like Kaneda's. Plus, you two are sounding way too bitter about it. Personally, I'd be flattered someone bothered making something based of what I've created. That's why it's fan-fic, and not cynic-fic.
    Whether he's trying to spit in our face or make light of the situation is irrelevant to me. As I said, creating spoofs of other peoples comics is a lot easier than venturing out on your own under fire of scrutiny and hate, which is a fact even if it is irrelevant to the situation at hand (I'm not even going to point out his other comics which received less than stellar responses from TNL).

I actually think Kaneda's comic is pretty good and that's why I put it up. Even if he made a comic that made fun of us, I'd still put it up if it was funny. I don't take this that seriously.

Quite frankly I think Kaneda and you should make your own comics.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Feb 2006 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."