Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: New Super Mario Brothers Official thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by SMBChick
    I agree.

Just a thought, why didn't they use "ACM" graphics for the background and "?" boxes and such? I think the 3D characters and the rest of the artwork wouldn't clash as much as it does now. Wouldn't it work better than it did with the SNES due to the number of colors available to be on screen at once, (not as "muddy")? Even through in a little background animation, but nothing too distracting.
    I'm glad they don't use "ACM"/try to squeeze SGI visuals into games anymore. I liked it with DKC and Mario RPG but just wouldn't like it in a Mario platformer, mainly personal taste. Also, I remember reading in several mags back in the day that they were supposedly going to originally code Yoshi's Island with "ACM/rendered" graphics but one of the EAD staffers "had a fondness for old sprites" so they went with the storybook sketch look instead. Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    I don't know who the rest of the post is talking about. If it's Mikey, then OK. If it's me, then it's YOU that needs to reread. I said I liked SMW better
    Ah, OK. My bad. Sorry dude. I got mixed up when I read the part about pros/cons of saving.

2. Here is the screen gallery from Nintendo.com:

http://www.nintendo.com/screenshotga...a-9e3ffa35a5b8

And can I hear it for mini Mario fighting Lakitu 'n spinies not to mention multiple Bullet Bill dodging? Sweet.

Last edited by 1CCOSA; 13 Mar 2006 at 09:14 PM.

3. I'm expecting this to be the best Mario ever. Don't let me down, Nintendo.
    No gnus is good gnus.

4. Looks like an Amiga game for some reason.

5. zool?
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 13 Mar 2006 at 09:40 PM.
    No gnus is good gnus.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Here is the screen gallery from Nintendo.com:

http://www.nintendo.com/screenshotga...a-9e3ffa35a5b8

And can I hear it for mini Mario fighting Lakitu 'n spinies not to mention multiple Bullet Bill dodging? Sweet.

Oh yeah now i see it. Not a damn thing is happening in these screens.

Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll

zool?
    That was a neat game.

7. Anything original here? I think not.

Anything original here? I think not.

Super Mario Deluxe for the Game Boy Color is much more appealing to me than this, I'm afraid.

8. Of course it is, it's the original, and as i've said many times, there's not a better game in the world.
    However, despite NSMB not being original and TEH 1N0V471V3, it could be fun to play. That middle picture is straight out of the og, dawg. That's original.
    In motion the game looks nice. I would rather the old hand-drawn look.
    Donk

9. Thumbs Up

HE'S BACK!!!!!!

more mario art...

http://gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6113

10. Quote Originally Posted by Giltch

Super Mario Deluxe for the Game Boy Color is much more appealing to me than this, I'm afraid.
    You want a Mario game with ORIGINAL elements, then go play Sunshine. Just be glad Miyamoto seems to have finally given EAD a break from his somewhat annoying art house innovation kick. Looks like a sweet SMB DX/Lost Levels expansion at the least.

Nothing original there in those screens and I am kind of glad. I like how some of the DS games such as Mario Kart and New SMB are all about "back to basics" and getting away from the GC's tendency to stray way too far from the norm. The Revolution is another story but the DS strategy actually seems to be about giving the old fans what they want (to some degree) for a change.

Don't get me wrong, some of the elements like sSper Bonk Mario are stupid, but the rest looks like gravy IMHO.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 14 Mar 2006 at 10:53 AM.