Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: New Super Mario Brothers Official thread

1. This is one of the main games I bought my DS for, and I've been awaiting it since I first saw videos from it back in '04. They're taking their sweet time with it, but it's a new side-scrolling Mario platformer, so it'll be worth the wait.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. With all the extra time they are spending with the game, it better deliver. And since Mega Man Powered Up has a level editor, now I want a SMB level editor too. grrrrr Fan service, Nintendo! Don't let Capcom out-feature ya. Oh well, as long as it delivers with decent challenge and length the game itself is all the fan service that I will need.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 09 Feb 2006 at 01:57 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    This is one of the main games I bought my DS for, and I've been awaiting it since I first saw videos from it back in '04. They're taking their sweet time with it, but it's a new side-scrolling Mario platformer, so it'll be worth the wait.
    Yeah I agree, it was one of the prime reasons I got my DS too. In fact I just can't think of what could possibly be better than a new 2D Mario game...which makes me wonder why Nintendo has waited so looooong to do one. Fuck Sunshine and 64.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

I'll buy it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I'll buy it.
    I wasn't aware the word "buy" was in your vocabulary.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Its fucking Super Mario Brothers.

7. It's nice to see some screens of this that aren't a barren polygonal wasteland, but I still don't see anything that makes me interested in buying it. Bleh.

I'd rather have a new Yoshi's Island game.

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    Fuck... 64.
    You monster.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    Fuck Sunshine and 64.
    I agree. A 2-D Mario game is LONG overdue, and Super Mario Sunshine is honestly my least favorite game that I own on the Gamecube...its just horrible. Mario 64 was OK when it came out, but I just never got into it as much as the classics like Super Mario Brothers 3.

I am really looking forward to this New Super Mario Bros. on the DS. I hope this game sells tons of copies, and Nintendo decides to make a new 2-D Mario for the Revolution as well.

9. This is probably my most anticipated game of 2006.

At first I didn't like the idea of mixing in polygons but this is looking really good. I'm interested in seeing that DS Wario pic too. Someone please scan it.