Page 1 of 47 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: New Super Mario Brothers Official thread

1. New Super Mario Brothers Official thread

Summer will be here before you know it, so might as well make it official now. I was worried about this one since intial impressions of an early build last year said it was easy with enemies few and far between. But based on this scan (thanks to chazumaru from IC), the game is looking better now IMHO. If Nintendo was really wanting to make this a SMB "tribute," they ought to add an NES level edit in there which the stylus is screaming for. Anyways, who cares about 2D on 3D, here's hoping it's at least as tough as SMB3, that's all I want:

Last edited by 1CCOSA; 09 Feb 2006 at 01:34 PM.

2. I first saw these scans at www.4colorrebellion.com. They are very nifty. I hope the game turns out as good as those screens look.

3. This thread is like the gorilla marketer's convention.

5. This should be the real DS system seller, for true Hardcore Gamers anyway. Worth putting off playing Halo for an hour or two.
    No gnus is good gnus.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    This should be the real DS system seller, for true Hardcore Gamers anyway. Worth putting off playing Halo for an hour or two.
    Yeah, because we know Mario's not a mainstream franchise or anything...

Anyway, this looks like an oldschool blast, and a definate purchase. Kinda hard to go wrong... I still really want to see what they do with the new Wario though.

Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    This should be the real DS system seller, for true Hardcore Gamers anyway. Worth putting off playing Halo for an hour or two.

Well played.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    I still really want to see what they do with the new Wario though.
    Me too. The NP I got for Christmas actual had a screenshot. It looks like it's a platform game. Doh. Actually, it looks like it may have some Metroid like elements (the top screen is a Metroid style map), items, and possibly magic. Wario has the classic Arabian Night style clothing on too.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 09 Feb 2006 at 02:35 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer
    Me too. The NP I got for Christmas actual had a screenshot. It looks like it's a platform game.
    Well the Wario Land series always has been... Anywhere I can see this screenshot?

10. I just heard about this today from a classmate. It looked promising.