Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Faggot-chan

Faggot-chan

Can someone please explain to me why 99.97% of all insults are fair game, no matter how personal the attack, yet this harmless and humorous phrase gets panties twisting? Please don't come back with bullshit about people whining. Rules for a board with hundreds of users should not be determined by a half dozen users with thin skin. One set of rules, determined up front by the admins will do fine, thanks. Knee jerk rule changing is a joke.

2. I don't understand why you keep harping on "faggot-chan."

What concerned me about the thread was not so much the word itself, but the way you and diffx turned a potentially helpful and informative thread completely to shit. Your harassing use of the word was incidental.

I don't have time to get into this in depth. A lengthier post will follow.

But I will leave you with some food for thought, Yoshi. 99.97% of the users on this board don't seem to have a problem with the rules here. You seem to be the only one constantly confounded by them.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

What the hell did I do in that thread? I made one, one line joke aimed at no one in-particular. There was no back-and-forth between me and Brianvgplayer or PaCrappa whatsoever. I know you guys enjoy painting with broad strokes, but let's keep an accurate count of the contributions to that thread's deterioration between diffx and me.

That thread aside, because that's not the bigger issue here, 99.97% of the users don't seem to have a problem with anything at all, and that is my point. Why are there a handful of words, topics, etc. that the other 0.03% get to force into the rules? If those whiny bitches get more than their fair say, then I am going to bitch about that fact until it stops. People who have a problem with faggot-chan or anything else like it are not fucking special. As soon as they STFU and stop whining via the report function, then I won't have to have this discussion anymore. I am at least as tired of it as you mods are. if I could unilaterally fix it the way you can, I would.

4. Do people REALLY get offended with Faggot Chan? I'm just asking because I've never seen somebody blow up after it gets dropped.

Fucker, and Shithead can pass, but that can't?

That's my basic point. It may sound petty, but I am trying to figure out what the big deal is.

6. I've been wondering it for a while too, since the board I mod is more or less F-Chan central, and we toss it around in there as a term of endearment.

7. I like faggot-chan and use it as often as possible in real life.

I'm so proud.

9. Sometimes Josh says Faggot Chan Desu Ne, whatever the fuck that means.

10. It's a test to see how many of you faggot chans he can get to copy everything he says.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.