Thread: WTB: Amiga System

WTB: Amiga System

Anyone know where I could get a pretty beefy Amiga tower, preferrably a 1200 or a4000 with nice upgrades? I've search classifieds all over the net, and responded to a lot of ads, but no one wants to email me back. Fun times. Ebay doesn't exactly have what I am looking for, and if it does the sellers are located in the UK. Don't wanna pay that sort of shipping.

Or, if it comes down to it, I could get a stock unit and buy all the upgrades myself. However, all this Amiga upgrade shit confuses me to no end. Basically, in the end, I am looking to use this system in music creation and such. Probably with a program called Bars n Pipes, Octamed, and similar. Anyone who is Amiga-savvy want to help me in my journey? Haha.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks!
    I took all your French Toast.

2. Amiga 500 or 600 will run Bars n Pipes & Octamed just fine. Let me know if you need an amiga midi-interface with 4-5 outputs and 2 inputs.

If looking for Amiga - Germany is probably your best bet... But why not go and ask these nice guys:
    http://eab.abime.net/index.php
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

Quote Originally Posted by dakidski
    Amiga 500 or 600 will run Bars n Pipes & Octamed just fine. Let me know if you need an amiga midi-interface with 4-5 outputs and 2 inputs.

If looking for Amiga - Germany is probably your best bet... But why not go and ask these nice guys:
    http://eab.abime.net/index.php

Woowoo thanks. Found an Amiga. PM me about the midi interface, or I'll PM you. Either/or. Thanks for your help.

4. NP, which model did you get? PM me, coz I'll be too lazy to go down to the storage on my own motivation.

What is it thats so hot about an Amiga for music composition?

I guess it's the Amiga Paula soundchip that makes it pretty interesting, and the programs, from what little I've got to mess with them, seem extremely well put together and powerful. Maybe I am getting in over my head and all, not knowing toooo much about Amigas, but I think I could do some neat things with them provided a upgrade/learn what I bought (an amiga 3000 and 1200).

In the end, the weirdness of it all is what draws me the most. And the excitement of learning something new to me, but old to the rest of world. And hell, Susumu Hirasawa uses Amigas to make his amazing music

Quote Originally Posted by dakidski
    NP, which model did you get? PM me, coz I'll be too lazy to go down to the storage on my own motivation.

Got a 3000 and 1200.

sent ya pm

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    What is it thats so hot about an Amiga for music composition?
    the whole trax & .mod scene started on the Amiga. It also doubled as a fine 16bit sequencer.

8. Just be sure you get something that outputs VGA.
    Most euro Amigas output PAL RGB.