Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Winning" in the Console War

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Hell no.
    Yeah, the Jeremy who wrote the article could probably pass the Turing test.

2. All I know is that I own 8 GameCube games, and over the years I've traded back more 3 or 4 others. On the other hand, I own 50 Xbox games, and over the years I've traded in 20 or more others.
    Time for a change

3. All I know is that I got an Xbox in 2001, and have had a great time with the games, both online and off. I did not get a GameCube in 2001 or any other year for that matter. I have never desired one and never thought I was missing out.

4. This part of the article really says it all:
    "In fact, it looks like the only losers here are those gamers who get so hung up on numbers and bragging rights that they forget how to enjoy all the great games these companies keep churning out. Seriously, guys -- it totally sucks to be you."

I sure as fuck got my money's worth from all 3 of them.

5. I've never really understood the fanboy mentality.
    I hate Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo, but buy their consoles begrudgingly so that I can play all the best games.
    As expensive as it is, it's far better to buy all three consoles and play the dozen or so AAA games on each than it is to buy just one console and force yourself to play less than stellar games.
    This will actually be the first gen where I don't buy all of them, if I buy any at all.
    I'll be happy with the consoles I already own and a new high-end PC.

6. EDIT: fuck, kawada beat me to the better on pc joke.
    Last edited by frostwolf ex; 14 Feb 2006 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

7. It's no joke, son.

8. So yeah... um... consoles are good! PC sucks! There we go...
    Donk

9. Yay!

10. PC does suck... but you gotta have one if you want to have all the best games. You gotta have one a lot more than a GameCube for instance.

Although the game lineup is looking pretty thin... I got Call of Duty 2, FEAR, Civ 4, and BF2 and I feel like I just about tapped out the lineup of quality games from 2005 (and FEAR, while very solid, was overrated). I keep eagerly searching sites and Amazon recommendations for other games to buy but there aren't any. 2006 doesnt look much better, although Rise of Nations 2 looks amazing.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 15 Feb 2006 at 09:32 AM.