Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Video game gaffes in movies

1. Video game gaffes in movies

Finally got around to watching 40 Year Old Virgin and couldn't help but notice they were playing Mortal Kombat Deception using N64 controllers. Let's see what other video game gaffes from movies people remember. Off the top of my head:

Charlie's Angels, the kids are playing a 2-player game but it's actually FFVIII.

Grosse Point Blank, Doom is being played on the TV with some weird 8-bit sound effects.

Enemy of the State, a TurboExpress is used as some kind of superweapon device (or something like that).
    Last edited by Yamcha; 15 Feb 2006 at 06:38 PM.

2. How about Rumble in the Bronx when Jackie Chan gives the crippled kid a Game Gear without a cart in it, but he starts playing it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha
    Grosse Point Blank, Doom is being played on the TV with some weird 8-bit sound effects.
    It wasn't on a TV, it was an arcade cab.

OMG I found a gaffe in your thread of gaffes!
    Last edited by Dolemite; 15 Feb 2006 at 05:04 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha
    Wasn't it a coin-op during the convenience store-leveling shootout?

Edit: pwned by Dole once again.

4. The Wizard: The power glove worked.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha
    It always cracks me up how in sitcoms, no matter what controler the kids are holding (N64, PlayStation 2...) the sound effects are always Donkey Kong for the Atari 2600. Or occasionally Pac Man.

6. * que packman death sound
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

7. Yeah, I remember this episode of X-files where they went to an arcade, but all the sound effects were from a Sonic game. People must have been getting mad rings.

8. In most movies, they never shut off the system, just the TV, 3 Ninjas being an example.

9. I always like when the rich families have older systems instead of new ones

10. In Mallrats Jason Lee is using a genesis controller to play NHL All-Star Hockey (saturn). They point it out in the commentary. I guess they wanted him to be playing NHL '9X for the genesis but Sega offered some crazy money for them to put their new game in the movie.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in