Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 2 -> Xbox Controller Converter

Xbox PlayStation 2 -> Xbox Controller Converter

I finally am getting on-board with the library of fighting games available for Xbox Live. I really don't want to have to buy an arcade stick for the Xbox and then turn around and get another one for the 360 when SFII:T shows up on XBLA. Instead, I'd like to use my Sega PS2 Vampire Chronicle pad on the XBox via a converter. I have two basic requirements:

1. No lag
    2. Headset support

Can anyone recommend a converter that would work well given those features?

2. I don't know of any converters that will allow use of the headset. Your best bet might be one of those SF pads that are designed like the Saturn pad since you can use your headset with them.
    http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=6766&
    They are still available in stores but the only image I could find was on Lik-Sang.

I've heard the D-pad is terrible on those, but I don't have any first hand experience. I'll keep them in mind though. Thanks.

4. I haven't used them either, but I'm pretty sure that JM has one and if I'm not mistaken, he liked it.

5. I use the Magic Box converter for my original Saturn pad (does PS1/PS2 and Dreamcast as well). I have never experienced lag on or offline.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...en-70-1gk.html

[EDIT:]It does not support the headset. Sorry failed to notice that in your initial post.
    Last edited by Nei; 20 Feb 2006 at 09:47 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nei
    I use the Magic Box converter for my original Saturn pad (does PS1/PS2 and Dreamcast as well). I have never experienced lag on or offline.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...en-70-1gk.html
    i fail to see headset support.

I use the stock controler S for all my fighting games on the xbox. After the initial week long "wtf" period I adjusted to the D-Pad and now its my favourite controler for fighting games.

Just saying... give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I use the stock controler S for all my fighting games on the xbox. After the initial week long "wtf" period I adjusted to the D-Pad and now its my favourite controler for fighting games.

Just saying... give it a shot.
    I'll definitely do this, since the price is right. I even have both an American and a Japanese controller S, in case one if nicer than the other.

If that doesn't work out, I'd still like suggestions.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I've heard the D-pad is terrible on those
    TRUTH! I stopped using mine after about 5 minutes. The S-pad is better.

Magic box is all I've got, as well, and it doesn't have headset support...

Do you really need to use the damned headset? I mean think about it...

You can listen to some 12 year old whine about how you are beating his ass before he drops the game

Or

You can use a Magic Box, plug in a Saturn pad, and you can listen as the clouds part and the angels sing from the heavens as you use the best pad ever made for fighters.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.