Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PlayStation 2 -> Xbox Controller Converter

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Do you really need to use the damned headset? I mean think about it...

You can listen to some 12 year old whine about how you are beating his ass before he drops the game

Or

You can use a Magic Box, plug in a Saturn pad, and you can listen as the clouds part and the angels sing from the heavens as you use the best pad ever made for fighters.
    Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. I am just trying to see what is out there.

2. Unfortunately Yoshi, there are no PS2 -> Xbox converters that have headset functionality. You'll have to ask yourself this: how bad do you want to play with the headset over LIVE?

If you can't live without headset functionality, then you're going to have to buy the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection joystick, since that's the only decent Xbox joystick that has headset functionality. If you don't care about talking smack online, then go with the Magic Box (although I'd hit other forums to make sure the Magic Box works with the PS2 Vampire pad).
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I've heard the D-pad is terrible on those, but I don't have any first hand experience. I'll keep them in mind though. Thanks.
    They play wonderfully, but feel pretty cheap.

I bought a ps2 >> xbox converter, and my sf pad won't work with it

4. Can't you just plug in a normal controller in port 2 and use the headset on it?
    Or doesn't XBL let you play using a different pad than the one with headset?

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Can't you just plug in a normal controller in port 2 and use the headset on it?
    Or doesn't XBL let you play using a different pad than the one with headset?
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. You can only use the headset on the controller you're using.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios