Thread: Far Cry Series (if you can call it that)

1. Question Far Cry Series (if you can call it that)

I've only played Far Cry for the PC. I just picked up Far Cry Instincts for XBox today ($15 @ CC). From what I understand Instincts starts off with the same story, Jack navagating a boat for a female reporter and they are attacked. Now I read that Instincts has entirely different maps and storyline I understand that it incorporates the concept that your character is infected giving you advanced animal type skills, but I really want to know if the core game is different from the PC version. I just don't want to play the same game over again with a few new features, since I remember the PC version being kinda long.

Also was looking to clarify that Instincts Predator for the 360 is going to be a upgraded port of Instincts with the upcoming Instincts the Next Chapter (which is being released for Xbox) included.

In addition to that, is the PC add-on that is in the works a original expansion for the PC, or it going to basically be a port of Instincts (given the Instincts is original material)?

Thanks in advance.

2. How much are they paying ya?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Error
    How much are they paying ya?
    Sorry for detailing my questions...

Let me rephrase my question in typical TNL thread-start talk:

So I just picked up Far Cry Instincts. Who's played it?

Hate when people start threads like that for no reason. Im just asking some questions to possibly save myself some money and time.

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpot
    Far Cry Instincts Predator features both Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter and an enhanced version of the original Far Cry Instincts game.
    There you go, guerilla.

6. Hey, can someone with Far Cry for the PC help me out? I have experienced very prevalent graphical glitches in the game... water doesnt look right (just a transparent blue... flat texture, with no waves), terrain textures glitching in and out, weapons losing all textures every once in a while, shit like that. This has happened in both a pirated copy and a demo... I want to buy the game but Im glad I decided to try it out first. Has anyone else run into these things or know a way to stop it?

A few things:
    01. If anyone says, "update your drivers durr" you're gonna get cut.
    02. No overclocking in my PC.
    03. this is the only game I've had these glitches.

7. I would suggest updating your drivers. Are you overclocking your PC? Also, have you had similar problems with any other games?
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. Have you installed all the patches? There were quite a few on them (up to 1.33 I think) and you have to install them in some order. They should work just fine on a pirated version. I remember you mentioning you had a 6800GS pci-e and I have the same card and the game looks fantastic with HDR lighting and everything. The game had LOTS of problems initially especially with Nvidia cards so the patches are a must and I'm not sure if the demo available out there is patched up by crytek.

I wish I could help you out better besides the usual patch and driver crap.

9. I had the same problem when I overclocked and also after I updated my drivers, I had to rollback till they fixed the problem. Try different drivers.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    I've only played Far Cry for the PC. I just picked up Far Cry Instincts for XBox today ($15 @ CC). From what I understand Instincts starts off with the same story, Jack navagating a boat for a female reporter and they are attacked. Now I read that Instincts has entirely different maps and storyline I understand that it incorporates the concept that your character is infected giving you advanced animal type skills, but I really want to know if the core game is different from the PC version. I just don't want to play the same game over again with a few new features, since I remember the PC version being kinda long.
    I never played the PC version, but as I understand it it doesn't have the Predator multiplayer mode. Worth it for that alone, it rocks most Deathmatch's ass.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...