Thread: My iBook is flipping out.

My iBook is flipping out.

Ok so I've got a 12" iBook (the last of its kind) and it's about 5-6 months old.

For some reason when I get it out of sleep mode, expose starts going wonky and does the "show all windows" thing automatically. What the fuck is going on? I keep my laptop in sleep mode a lot so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any suggestions? I think I'm still under warranty but if there's a quick fix, I'd rather do it that way.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

2. Maybe the F9 key is jammed or something?
    Try mashing it a bit, or changing the command to a different key.

I deactivated the commands in preferences and had the same problem. Mind you, this has been occurring randomly so it's kind of hard to tell when it'll happen.

Could this be one of those fabled logic board things?
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

4. Maybe it is something like that, but I suspect it's a software issue.

5. Check the control panel, perhaps you set expose to trigger to some unwanted event.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

I just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know I lifted the keyboard and refitted it. Now it works awesome like before.

I think it was just dirt or something under the board screwing up the buttons or something.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

And yeah, I suffered for 3 months due to sheer laziness.

7. But didn't you rule out the kb as the problem by disabling expose shortcuts.

Anyway, glad to hear you fixed it, I guess.

I'd always get the same sequence of characters "9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\9ol.\" over and over. After a few minutes the problem would stop unless I picked up the laptop or something. I was actually planning on bringing it to Apple this week and decided to clean it up first.

I'm pretty happy right now