Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Completion Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    I loved the first two.
    Me too. So, what is it about Trapt (aside from the stupid name) that compares unfavorably?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    77.) Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
    - Part of the Double Pack. Got the Chaos Ring this time because I figured out how to get Legion's soul.
    Wait a minute.... so you can enter those "blackened" area with the Chaos Ring and get the last 1%? If so, I need to get the Legion's soul too!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Me too. So, what is it about Trapt (aside from the stupid name) that compares unfavorably?

God, where to start? The trap combo system is half-baked and completely regressive from the rest of the series. TRAPT overly relies on environmental traps to do the real work. The enemies tag-team you, but not a way that makes the game more challenging, but in a way that makes it annoyingly frustrating. The story is garbage, and that comes as no surprise, but just how bad it is does. It's also criminally short. I beat the game in 5 hours, and while I know I obviously didn't get the best ending, I was so bored I couldn't bring myself to go through it again.
    Time for a change

4. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Do people post about what games they buy already? Why not post about games they finished? Seems to make perfect sense to me. Id rather talk about videogames on TNL than shitty webcomics IMO although jonas' rantings are good for a laugh.
    Congratulations, you're now lumped in the same category as Yellerdog. What do you know, this thread has been good for something after all, which is a surprise coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Eh, this thread is just as valid as any other. I mean, diffx has a point- how many people here have pointless piles of games they never finish?
    I was just razzing on him, he just takes himself too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Most of my game time(when I'm not playing Splinter Cell online) these days is on the hand helds and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I've recently beaten these:

Mario Kart DS
    Tony Hawk American Sk8land
    Animal Crossing (not that it really can be beaten, but I'm fully upgraded)
    Bust a Move DS

On the consoles my most recent conquests are:
    Shadow of the Colussus
    Prince of Persia: The two thrones

I still haven't finished any of my 3 PSP games but I hope to change that soon.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    Wait a minute.... so you can enter those "blackened" area with the Chaos Ring and get the last 1%? If so, I need to get the Legion's soul too!
    If I'm not mistaken, you need to kill off all the bodies on Legion before killing Legion itself to get its soul. Getting all the souls or something like that will get you the Chaos ring. I think but I'm not sure this is how it is.

I have a ton of games I still haven't beaten:

Phantom Brave (I've never even played this and I bought it release day)
    Disgaea
    La Pucelle Tactics
    God of War
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
    Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    Metriod Fusion
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stone
    Golden Sun
    Resident Evil Remake
    Metroid Prime 2
    Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls

Yeah, it's a huge list. So far in 2006 I've beaten Mario Kart DS and Castlevania: Dawn of Souls. I'll probably beat most games on that list by 2007 unless even more games are added to it.

7. Most recent was Mario & Luigi DS, which was fantastic. Now I'm working on finally finishing Zelda: Minish Cap. I started it at E3 last year, got stuck at one point, then figured it out last week. Getting close to the end... fun game.

When Zelda is done, I'll finish Rub Rabbits (which is ok, I guess), and then Space Invaders DS (on last new age stage). During all this, I will most likely play through Super Princess Peach.

8. Disgaea - I put in over 100 hours in this game and had a good time doing it. I'm aware that there are multiple endings, but after going through the game once and devoting so much time, I wasn't that interested in getting the other endings. I haven't played another Nippon Ichi game since because the time requirement is too much for me.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - It was fun beating the single-player mission. I appreciated how hard Ubisoft tried to give you more than one option to beat a level. I tried to play the game again in a harder difficulty level, but I got bored during the first level despite the tougher AI. Right now, Sleeveboy and I are in the midst of beating the last co-op level (UN Headquaters). We had a blast sneaking up on enemies and working as a team.

Mario Kart DS - Almost done with this game. I beat all the Time Trial ghosts and I got a triple-star rating in all but three missions. It's an enjoyable old-school challenge feeling that extends the single-player game past getting Gold cups in all Grand Prix races.

Ninja Gaiden Black - I don't know if I'll ever accomplish this, but I intend to beat this game in every difficulty level (except Ninja Dog). I beat it in Normal and am going through Hard now. I would also like to beat all the Mission levels in every difficulty level as well, but I may burn out from this game by then.
    Last edited by Cowdisease; 24 Feb 2006 at 01:20 PM.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

9. Quote Originally Posted by Raz0r
    I have a ton of games I still haven't beaten:

Phantom Brave (I've never even played this and I bought it release day)
    Disgaea
    La Pucelle Tactics
    Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
    Hehe, those are in my piles of to play as well! Although I can finish Disgaea at any point now, I am just messing with it to build a super weapon. These SRPGs just take so much time!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Congratulations, you're now lumped in the same category as Yellerdog. What do you know, this thread has been good for something after all, which is a surprise coming from you.
    But really, your webcomic sucks..Almost as much as you do.
    Time for a change