Page 1 of 82 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Completion Thread

1. The Completion Thread

The Haul Thread needs a complement - buying games is an empty pursuit if they are not played and enjoyed and TNL has had a problem with hauls for a long time. So post the games you beat and maybe some thoughts on them here. If you beat a big boss in World of Warcraft or shit like that mention it too.

I beat FEAR a couple weeks ago. It was a very good game.

I hope to have Call of Duty 2 done this weekend.

2. Do people really have so little in life to be proud of that they have to create a thread to artificially feel as though they've done something? I guess I already know the answer to that, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Keep us posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. See signature for the ones I completed in 2006. Aria of Sorrow is too short, I wish it is longer so maybe I will go back and get that 1%. Now that I am 30 hours into Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, I am starting to get sick of it so who knows if I will ever finish it!

4. I beat Call of Duty 2 a few weeks ago. Great game. I've also recently finished Condemned, Ridge Racer 6, and Maverick Hunter X. They were all great.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Do people really have so little in life to be proud of that they have to create a thread to artificially feel as though they've done something? I guess I already know the answer to that, carry on.
    Do people post about what games they buy already? Why not post about games they finished? Seems to make perfect sense to me. Id rather talk about videogames on TNL than shitty webcomics IMO although jonas' rantings are good for a laugh.

6. Do people really have so little in life to be proud of that they have to create a thread to artificially feel as though they've done something? I guess I already know the answer to that, carry on.
    ^ This, ladies and gentlemen, from the author of Robobo. I kid, I kid.

Picked up Super Mario Sunshine, got 30 some-odd shines, and decided not to finish the game, as it is a grating hell. Does this count?

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    The Haul Thread needs a complement - buying games is an empty pursuit if they are not played and enjoyed and TNL has had a problem with hauls for a long time. So post the games you beat and maybe some thoughts on them here. If you beat a big boss in World of Warcraft or shit like that mention it too.

I beat FEAR a couple weeks ago. It was a very good game.

I have a list of games I've completed in the past couple of years up till now. I'll list just the most recent:

69.) Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga - Avatar Tuner (PS2)
    - An alright game, but completely overshadowed by the sequel. However, playing the sequel has really gotten me to appreciate this game more.

70.) Ratchet: Deadlocked (PS2)
    - The weakest game in the series, IMO. I guess I'm just lucky it wasn't a racing game.

71.) TRAPT (PS2)
    - Utter crap.

72.) Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (PS2)
    - Mindless arcadey flight combat. Worth the $20 I paid for it.

73.) Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
    - Fantastic game, the heir apparent to SOTN.

74.) PuLi RuLa (MAME)
    - Pretty bland gameplay but neat visuals.

75.) Urban Reign (PS2)
    - Undoubtably the best beat'um game this generation.

76.) DOOM 3 (X-BOX)
    - Great on the console, especially online co-op.

77.) Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
    - Part of the Double Pack. Got the Chaos Ring this time because I figured out how to get Legion's soul.
    Time for a change

8. Well, I'm just as guilty of buying shit and not finishing it as anyone else here, but I'm trying to change all that. I recently beat Aria of Sorrow on GBA. This weekend I'll try to finish Resident Evil 4 and Megaman X3 in the Megaman X collection. From there on, I'll just pick one game and not let up until it's finished. I have a habit of messing around with games and not beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    71.) TRAPT (PS2)
    - Utter crap.
    Did you like the PS1 Deception games?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Do people really have so little in life to be proud of that they have to create a thread to artificially feel as though they've done something? I guess I already know the answer to that, carry on.
    Eh, this thread is just as valid as any other. I mean, diffx has a point- how many people here have pointless piles of games they never finish?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 24 Feb 2006 at 10:37 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Just completed Shadow of the Colossus last night. Just the perfect length for that game.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Did you like the PS1 Deception games?
    I loved the first two.
    Time for a change