Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shenmue Passport coming back online.

1. Shenmue Passport coming back online.

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/

Who would have thought it? Dead since April of 2002, Shenmue I's "Passport" expansion disc is gradually coming back to life! All online features such as character profiles and VMU Goodies were inaccessible after SEGA shut down the servers, though shockingly, these features are now in the process of restoration.

A surprising new update appeared on the Passport's "Urgent Messages" section, dated Feb. 22, 2006 that reads, "The Shenmue Passport is in update process. Come again and visit us!" After a little investigation, it's now apparent that SEGA are indeed restoring the files to their servers. Though several features are still inaccessible, you can manage to download a number of the Shenmue Goodies character animation files with a winning can, such as Iwao Hazuki's.

Also, upon selecting a character in the character profiles of "Shenmue World," you'll get the message, "Thank you we'll back soon!" instead of the previous "Data cannot be retrieved at this time."

After 4 years, why is it coming back now? Puzzling, but still good news for Shenmue fans! With any luck, we'll also get the Network Ranking feature back as well. This is certainly something to keep an eye on!

Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. That is sweet! Wonder what prompted them to do this? I never took advantage of my passport disc so I am gonna keep an eye on this.

Now if only they'd resurrect the PSO, Alien Front and Bomberman Online servers.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 25 Feb 2006 at 07:00 PM.

3. Furthermore, Shenmue.com is back up and has a new 2006 copyright.

Damn you Andy. This was my thread.

I never got around to checking out what was on this disc, but I'll be sure to check it out when it's all back. Is there anything worthwhile, or it just trivial knowledge and stuff?

Are there any other DC games still online? I know f335 or whatever that racing game is was online for quite some time, and just went down on the Feb 22nd or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NApOLm321
    Are there any other DC games still online? I know f335 or whatever that racing game is was online for quite some time, and just went down on the Feb 22nd or so.
    Wow, that one held out for a long time. Starlancer was still online for a lonnnng time on Gamespy but went down one or two years ago. Should have organized a little Starlancer DC TNL meet up when i still had the chance. Procrastination is a cruel master, I tells ya.

All the chapters updated graphically and on 360 please.

7. Agreeance. This is great news, and once again gets my hopes up for Shenmue III.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Probably more closely related to Shenmue Online. Yu Suzuki said he was hoping to use SO to continue the Shenmue story at this point.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NApOLm321
    What? That F355 ferrari game didn't have online play, did it?
    AFAIK, it only had system-link capabilities.

all the dreamcast servers have been down for quite some time now.

10. Why would they want to continue a dead series? As much as I enjoyed it, they are just beating a dead horse with a stick.