Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ghosts 'N Goblins Series Tribute Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha
    One thing missing: the fabled GnG online. Were screens of this ever released?
    I mentioned it briefly. There's a screen of it at that Ghoul Realm site I linked to. It's odd looking.

2. I love DaiMakaimura ~ Ghouls 'N Ghosts

4 of the greatest versions of that game are:

Arcade CPS 1988 - Sega Genesis 1989
    NEC Super Grafx 1990 - Sharp X68000 1994

I'm glad I own Capcom Generation 2 for Saturn. This has probably the best port of Ghouls 'N Ghosts on any console, only the X68000 computer version is a more exact port. I would avoid the PS2, Xbox and PSP versions on Capcom Classics Collection. They're all based on the PS1 version of Capcom Generation 2.

That said, any of these ports are a huge upgrade over the 1989 Genesis version, and a noticable upgrade over the 1990 SuperGrafx version.
    Last edited by parallaxscroll; 28 Apr 2008 at 04:12 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I remember reading a bunch of GnG people left to form the developer Whoopee Camp which made the Tomba! games.
    I'd never heard that, but yeah, I can see the similarities now that I think about it. Tomba! was more my type of game, though. With the exception of Ultimate, G'n'G games were always just way, way beyond my skill and patience level.

4. How is it that there not been an update to Demon's Crest yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    How is it that there not been an update to Demon's Crest yet?
    Awesome game, I'd absolutely love an update to Demon's Crest. Sadly, it's too obscure a game/series for it to be profitable to make another one.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    clip

Just an FYI, you're missing The Demon Darkness on GB for the Gargoyle's Quest stuff.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    With the exception of Ultimate, G'n'G games were always just way, way beyond my skill and patience level.
    I think the patience is a much larger requirement than the skill one. I find SGnG difficult but not at all frustrating. So long as you're willing to keep playing, the game provides you with plenty of opportunities to try again until you get it down.

I really want to try that GnG Incredible Machine game. And yeah, a new Firebrand/Red Arremer game would be nice. SvC Chaos doesn't count.

8. Ghouls 'N Ghosts (Arcade, Genesis, SuperGrafx, X68000, PS1, Saturn, PS2, Xbox, PSP) isn't too difficult a game at all. It's quite alot easier than Ghosts 'N Goblins, Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins. I have all of these games, except for GBA SGnG Remix, which I will be picking up for my DS this week.
    Last edited by parallaxscroll; 29 Apr 2008 at 08:15 PM.

9. I think I like the Gargoyle's Quest/Demon Crest side-series more than anything from the main story. I can't really say for certain they're that much more solid, but it may go to show how much a interesting character can do for a title.

10. I know I enjoyed SNES Demon's Crest more than SGnG.

The very beginning was epic, you immediately fight this huge rotting corpse of a dragon.