Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 245678 LastLast

Thread: The Ghosts 'N Goblins Series Tribute Thread

1. After playing SNES SGnG, GBA SGnG R and PSP UGnG, I can say confidently that regular Ghouls 'N Ghosts is still the best game of the series. Capcom never really surpassed themselves after 1988. Ghouls'N Ghosts has the best artwork, plays the best and is the most fun overall, of the entire series.

The only game that comes close is Demon's Crest.

2. Well I count that as a seperate series entirely, but okay, if you're including those 3D games, I'll take your word for it.

3. Yea I agree they are separate too, but they really are great games.

Take a break from finding obscure videogame news and scans and give it a try.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    How is it that there not been an update to Demon's Crest yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by supergrafxengine View Post
    Awesome game, I'd absolutely love an update to Demon's Crest.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    I think I like the Gargoyle's Quest/Demon Crest side-series more than anything from the main story. I can't really say for certain they're that much more solid, but it may go to show how much a interesting character can do for a title.
    Quote Originally Posted by supergrafxengine View Post
    I know I enjoyed SNES Demon's Crest more than SGnG.

The very beginning was epic, you immediately fight this huge rotting corpse of a dragon.
    I just want to jump on this band wagon.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Anyone play "Goku Makaimura Kai" the revised second version of UG&G that saw a release only in Japan about a year after the original came out in 2006?
    I guess "Kai" means revision in Japan.

If so, how was it...?? I'm thinking of picking of it.

There's a great write up of the GnG series at the classic gaming hardcore site, where I discovered this new version two years late.

Japan fans wanted a true arcade version, so Capcom came though and released "Goku Makaimura Kai" with almost no collection aspects, and you start with the double jump.
    Ghouls'N Ghosts=Greatest game known to mankind

6. I just nabbed a copy of GMK from eBay. It not only has Goku Makaimura Kai, but also the old version.

Magic can be used anytime you're wearing the regular armor. If you still have armor and pick up a suit, your armor is upgraded and this levels up your magic power. If you have a shield, you can block projectiles with it while crouching. One of the shields is a red & white "dragon shield" which allows you to fly for 5 seconds. Push up on the 2nd jump of a double jump to use that power.

There are different "life stock" settings- 2 lives/3 continues, 5/5, and 7/7. Like the arcade GnGs, you need to get through all the stages twice before getting to the real final boss.

Better than the original UGnG? Definitely.

And the best part? No friggin' ring hunting to properly finish the game. The rings are still there, but they just give you a continue for every three you grab.

8. Ha nice. Ghouls is still my fave, though. Recently read the Maximo article in Edge. Nice lil article that fans should read.

9. Thanks for the info. on GMK.
    I'll definitely be picking up this improved version soon.
    That was one of the few complaints I had about UG&G; that is all the collecting and backtracking elements of the game.
    That's not what G&G is about.
    I'm glad Capcom listened to Japan gamers and gave them an arcade style version.
    If this game had sold more than 17 copies in the U.S., maybe they would have released the 2nd version here.
    Ghouls'N Ghosts=Greatest game known to mankind