Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 35678 LastLast

Thread: The Ghosts 'N Goblins Series Tribute Thread

1. Picked this up while in FChanistan:

http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/CSaGoods/223213-09
    Last edited by D_N_G; 20 Jun 2009 at 01:52 PM.

2. After reading the above, I gotta play Demon's Crest.

SNES SGNG was a fantastic game. Not sure if it was better than GNG on Genny, especially with all the early SNES slowdown, but it was certainly close. I remember looking at the pics of SGNG and the other SFC games that would soon be coming Stateside and salivating. And they lived up to my high expectations. 16-bit ruled.

Edit: Dang, the video of Demon's Crest on Youtube is amazing. Can't believe I missed that game.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 21 Jun 2009 at 04:41 PM.
    No gnus is good gnus.

3. Hell yeah, Demon's Crest is awesome. I didn't like the Genny version as much as the SNES because I thought it was a little easy for a GnG game. I still think the Genny one is better than most other games though. What a great series this was back in the day.

4. I beat DC, and while I don't remember a whole lot about it, I do remember that I loved it and that it had some really great creepy music, and it was really good looking. I think it's time to fire it up on the Wii.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

5. Is it available on Wii?
    No gnus is good gnus.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    Hell yeah, Demon's Crest is awesome. I didn't like the Genny version as much as the SNES because I thought it was a little easy for a GnG game. I still think the Genny one is better than most other games though. What a great series this was back in the day.
    I agree that the Genesis one is a bit easier than the arcade GnG. IMO, the SuperGrafx one goes a bit in the other direction - it actually seems slightly harder than the arcade.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    Is it available on Wii?
    SNES emulator. I do nearly all my retro gaming on Wii. Currently playing Mother 3 on it.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

8. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    Is it available on Wii?
    No, Demons Crest is not available for DL on Wii, and likely will remain that way.
    The game apparently sold like crap, and was sadly overlooked at the end of the run of the SNES.

It's worth tracking down a copy for your SNES though. Demons Crest is fantastic! It's one of the best, least played games of all time.
    I was floored by the graphics & music when I first played the game.

I gotta hook up my SNES & give it a go again, it's been about 5 years since I last played DC.

Would be great if Capcom gave us a complilation of all the GnG's ever made (every version for every system), the Gargoyle's Quest games, & Demons Crest.
    Last edited by warnpro; 24 Jun 2009 at 03:08 AM.
    Ghouls'N Ghosts=Greatest game known to mankind

9. I love Demon's Crest!
    I found a sealed copy three years ago for $15 and sold it on eBay for $175.

10. I remember when I bought it for $60 some ten(teen) years ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!