Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kurt Vonnegut is dead.

1. Kurt Vonnegut is dead.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/04/...b-0412obit.php

I had just started reading Breakfast of Champions too.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

Fuck.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. This sucks.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

I used to manage his pension plan.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. This is definitely sucky news. "Slaughterhouse Five" has been one of my favorite books since I was a teenager Although, I am ashamed to admit that I have never read any of his other books....due to being busy reading stupid shit for my college classes...and now I'm always busy re-reading over rated crap like "Romeo and Juliet" in order to find better ways to teach it.

RIP.

6. Vonnegut was a great writer. This is sad news.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I didn't care much for Slaughterhouse but his short story Harrison Bergeron changed my life when I was a kid.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. That fucking sucks! I enjoyed so many of his books. I have to say Breakfast of Champions is still my favorite. Sad news indeed.

9. I can understand all the Breakfast of Champions love, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Cat's Cradle.
    Time for a change

10. If I had a philosphy on death, it would be close to the slaughterhouse 5 view. (although I came to that conclusion seperately based on Descartian philosophy)
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life