Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TNL Comic / Manga Club: Bone

1. Bone was great, and the comic store I bought it from would still refuse to admit to having first printings of issue 1 in the quarter bin, if they were still in business.

I snagged the One Volume in hardcover while I had the chance. Absolutely worth it.

James

2. Bacon, have you only been reading the color or did you read the B+W too? I want to read the color of course but I wonder if it adds enough of a difference to repurchase the books at a higher price. Is the coloring as good on the inside as it is on the covers?

3. In answer to my own question, the color is good, and at only 10 dollars a volume, it's worth picking up these editions. The 4th color volume from Scholastic is set to come out next week.

The one volume edition is going back to press in September as well.

4. Bone is definately a great series. I actually had the opportunity to find the first single volume colourized in my library. While the compilation of the black and white anthology is great, I think I'll save out for when the coloured volumes are completed, and then compiled into a large tomb similar to how the B&W has. That's definately worth buying for keepssakes' worth.

Is anyone else totally in love with Thorn?

5. You should snag the One Volume softcover. The stories were drawn with black & white in mind, and though the color isn't bad it's not what the art was designed around.

James

6. Quote Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
    definately a great series... That's definately worth buying for keepssakes' worth.
    That's definitely not a word.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. I think I'll pick this up the next time I go to borders, it looked pretty cool.

8. I followed the original series for a while, but then stopped buying comics for a few years. I picked up the compendium, read through it in one night. What a great series it was. I let my kids read it and it got split in half. Will probably buy all the color volumes now.