Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ys: Ark of Napishtim PSP

1. Super Famicom Ys: Ark of Napishtim PSP

Word is this is finally in stores tomorrow (wed Mar 1st) after months of delay, for $29.

Supposedly it's pretty much the same as the PS2 version, except the main character is sprite based instead of poly, it's got the intro from the PC version, and there are a bunch of mingames they've tossed in. Supposedly the import version had horrible loading, and Konami USA spent time ironing that out.

I've been eyeing this for a while, but I never played the other versions so I'm not sure how the game stacks up to the rest of the series. Is anyone else picking this up?

-Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    I've been eyeing this for a while, but I never played the other versions so I'm not sure how the game stacks up to the rest of the series. Is anyone else picking this up?
    You're in exactly the same boat I am. I'm very tempted at $30.

3. I just bought this for PS2. It's got all the original PC cut-scenes as unlockable cheats. And I don't care about the Adol sprite or extra mini-games. So... I guess I don't need this. Phew. $29 GET!

4. Even with the characters returning to their original sprite form (well, trying it), this game looks blatantly poor compared to the Windows version. Go, handhelds, go.

5. The game never looked that good to begin with.

6. Yeah. Never ever.

7. That looks like crap.

LOL
    Donk

8. Yes, because most of the game looks exactly like that.

9. I wanted this on PS2 but couldn't get ahold of a copy for the right price. This I might be forced to grab too. Fuck. Another PSP game I want.

10. Buy Exit.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.