Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18 minute TurboGrafx-16 promo video

1. I've got that same T-16 tape, along with the special "LORDS OF THUNDER" promo tape I got at Babbages when I bought my Duo. Funny stuff.

Back when I was at Best Buy, the Nintendo rep used to let me keep the laserdisc's from the demo machines. I sold them all awhile back, but the pre-Virtual Boy hype vids always cracked me up. They had that same kid from the Donkey Kong 64 tape running around asking people at Nintendo HQ to show him the super-secret V-Boy. He ran into a guy named Don James, and said, "Hey - it's DON JAMES! He's the one who KNOWS!!".

Flash forward a year after, I'm at E3 and run into this Don James guy. I scream "HEY! IT'S DON JAMES! The one who KNOWS!" and he instantly knew what I was referring to and his face turned a deep red. My friend got pictures with him and we talked to him for a few minutes. Then the Duke Nukem guy crashed the Nintendo booth with his booth-babes in tow and we dropped Don like a bad habit.

I really wish I would've kept those LD's, as I'm sure they're even funnier now. If anyone has access to those Virtual Boy vids, hook me up.

2. I still have that Lords of Thunder video. I love how they compare Lords to Sega CD's Make My Video series.