Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou

1. Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou

http://www.atlus.co.jp/cs/game/pstat...vie/movie.html

A continuation of the Devil Summoner sub-series of SMT, set in turn of the century Japan with action-oriented combat like Star Ocean 3. Only found out about it today, and already hoping Atlus US brings it over, though I'm a sucker for any 3rd person action game.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

2. God I love that art style. If it's even remotely as polished as Nocturne I'll gladly shell out the dough for it. I'm wary about its chances for a domestic release though.

EDIT: From the looks of things though it seems less to me like a Devil May Cry style action and more like a Tales action RPG system.
    Last edited by g0zen; 03 Mar 2006 at 10:53 AM.
    Time for a change

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    http://www.atlus.co.jp/cs/game/pstat...vie/movie.html

A continuation of the Devil Summoner sub-series of SMT, set in turn of the century Japan with action-oriented combat like Star Ocean 3. Only found out about it today, and already hoping Atlus US brings it over, though I'm a sucker for any 3rd person action game.
    Atlus is busy with Contact (DS), Super Robot Taisen (GBA), Yggdra Union(GBA), Steambot Chronicles (PS2), and Metal Saga (PS2). If they're working on it, I doubt they'll say until E3. There's also a PSP game; is that in the same sub-series?

4. Quote Originally Posted by RedCoKid
    Atlus is busy with Contact (DS), Super Robot Taisen (GBA), Yggdra Union(GBA), Steambot Chronicles (PS2), and Metal Saga (PS2). If they're working on it, I doubt they'll say until E3. There's also a PSP game; is that in the same sub-series?
    Awesome we're getting Contact . *-neo

5. 3 2 1...

CONTACT! IS THE ANSWER! THE SOLUTION! FOR WHENEVER THERE'S TROUBLE, COOOOOOOOOOOONTACT!

That's a lot of hotness. Wait... That's TWO Super Robot Taisens. Did they turn a profit last year or something? There's not a single game there i plan on missing.
    I too am hoping Devil Summoner is released as well.
    Donk

6. Goddamnit Finch don't ruin this thread with f-channery.

Anyway, since this is the only place I know it'll get discussed, what is really the difference between Steambot Chronicles and Metal Sega? They both have mecha of a sort right? It's just my understanding that Steambot has a crazier, more open RPG structure (playing in a band and stuff) while Metal Sega is more like just a regular RPG, but with TANKS!
    Last edited by g0zen; 04 Mar 2006 at 02:21 AM.
    Time for a change

7. Steambot is an action RPG set in a sort of 1940's that never was. Metal Saga is more of a Japanese-ized war story that's turn based RPG with customizable tanks. They're different in pretty much every possible way. Both should be great though. I've only played Steambot myself.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

8. 3-2-1 Contact is not f-chanery. It's pure 80's edutainment.
    Donk

9. No, Finch..Just no.
    Time for a change

10. 1up reports that Atlus will publish Devil Summoner in the US later this year.