Page 1 of 29 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 3

1. News Persona 3

Those of you who browse GAF have probably seen the thread on this already, if not, they have scans from the new Famitsu up, and a video link (17 minutes) on page 2 , of the new Persona 3. Art looks like it's being handled by the same guy who worked on Stella Deus:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=89408

Directed by Katsura Hashino (director of Shin Megamitensei III Nocturne), and featuring character designs and art direction by Shigenori Soejima (character designs for Devil Summoner, art direction for Stella Deus), Persona 3 is set for Japanese release on 7/13. A US release has yet to be announced.
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/694/694490p1.html

You take control of the main character during each day of school, starting with arrival in the morning and ending in the afternoon as you head back to your dorm. Between classes, you can investigate the school grounds, and following the school day, you can do the same in town.

Players get to experience school life in Persona 3. The game lets you work through a year of in-game time. Most of your activities on weekdays take place following classes, but on weekdays and holidays, you can make appointments with other characters in order to strengthen your relationships. The relationship with your "Comyu," short for "community," has an effect on your battle with the Shadow.

Even on days where you don't have an appointment, you're free to just wander around town, visiting shops as you like. This is true even during summer vacation. The game includes summer school, a summer sports meet, and other events for your time away from school.

Other characters go through school life as well. On the days prior to a big test, your allies will lock themselves away in their rooms and concentrate on studying, meaning they won't be able to help out in the fight against the Shadow. Characters will even get sick and miss classes.
    Devil Summoner and now this? Atlus is cranking these puppies out.

And I dont know how this is going to fly here in America, the video starts out not looking like a Persona game at all, really bright and "cheery" but when the main characters call their Persona they have to shoot themselves in the head. They do it a lot. I can see parents worrying about their little emo brats re-enacting their favorite JRPG.
    Last edited by Jetman; 09 Mar 2006 at 01:22 AM.

2. Fuck'um, I want my Persona game.
    Time for a change

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    And I dont know how this is going to fly here in America, the video starts out not looking like a Persona game at all, really bright and "cheery" but when the main charcaters call their Persona they have to shoot themselves in the head. They do it a lot. I can see parents worrying about their little emo brats re-enacting their favorite JRPG.
    You're saying this almost as if it would be a bad thing.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. No Kaneko? Ew.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    You're saying this almost as if it would be a bad thing.
    I think it looks awesome and funny as hell. Just saying I can see it being a target is all: "My son shot himself in the head! The day before he was playing Persona 3!!! I'll sue Atlus!!!"

6. c'mon Atlus, bring this over... *crosses fingers*

7. Even on days where you don't have an appointment, you're free to just wander around town, visiting shops as you like. This is true even during summer vacation. The game includes summer school, a summer sports meet, and other events for your time away from school.
    Sounds like my type of game. This news is so awesome it just awesomed me in the face. AWESOME.
    If it's not brought over, i'm going to shoot myself in the head.
    Donk

8. Wow, people on gamingage are little bitches. This game looks fantastic. The anime cutscenes seem not only ridiculously ample, but really well produced. I'm going to go jerk off to that 17 minute trailer, now.

9. Yup, this is a pants-tightening announcement for me. This had better come over here, but I have faith in Atlus, so no worries yet.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Here's a youtube vid link if you dont want to DL that .zip file with the password:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ie0uHI9jA

and yeah, the more I think about it that headshot power-up shit aint going to fly stateside. It'll get edited pretty good. I think the animation for it will get cut altogether.....but of course it's in the cutscenes too....
    Attached Images Attached Images