Page 1 of 28 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Civil War - Hosted by Korly

1. Marvel's Civil War - Hosted by Korly

So, some big stuff has been going down in the world of comic books lately. The 2 major players, DC and Marvel have been in the throes of giant, continuity altering crossovers pretty much since last summer, and in my opinion, comics have never been better. I stopped seriously reading comics WAY back when the X-Men cartoon was still on the air, but last Summers big Marvel event "House of M" caught my attention, and I've been back into them ever since.

So, the big crossover event Marvel is doing this year begins in May. It's called Civil War because some kind of major event happens in the Marvel U which results in a major split between ALL of the players in the Marvel U, hero and villian. Families like Sue and Reed Richards (Fantastic Four) are torn down the middle, teams (like the Avengers) are torn apart, and lots of fighting will inevitably go down.

So, even if you don't normally read comics, check out this trailer. Maybe it'll interest you.

http://www.marvel.com/news/-1.230

Last edited by Chux; 03 May 2006 at 08:18 AM.

2. It's a cool trailer and a perfect starting point to start buying some Marvel stuff since some big stuff is about to go down.

3. I really wish I kept up with comics more. The Avengers are the shit, and I hate not knowing what's going on in the Marvel Universe, especially with stuff like this.

4. its the "New Avengers" now

5. Quote Originally Posted by Giltch
    I really wish I kept up with comics more. The Avengers are the shit, and I hate not knowing what's going on in the Marvel Universe, especially with stuff like this.
    What does it matter? In a year or so, everyone will be right back where they started. These "big events" with "far-reaching implications" are such a crock, every superhero goes through them every year and the biggest thing that happens is every once in a while someone dies. And that never sticks for long, either.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    What does it matter? In a year or so, everyone will be right back where they started. These "big events" with "far-reaching implications" are such a crock, every superhero goes through them every year and the biggest thing that happens is every once in a while someone dies. And that never sticks for long, either.
    Bacon is unfortunately right. That and its just too expensive of a hobby. When I was into it I would spend between $10-20(somtimes a little more) a week on books. I picked up Marvel,DC, and anything else that would catch my eye at the time.And storage on those things gets to be ridiculous...someday maybe I'll go back to it, but no time soon...and it was always like a guilt thing with me, like why did I just buy all of this shit...
    Last edited by Jetman; 10 Mar 2006 at 10:33 AM.

7. Bacon and Jet are both spot on.

I used to manage a comic book store and it was a great job, because I got to read everything. The prices on comics now are just crazy, there is no way they are worth the value (for me personally).

I'll pick up stuff used or in graphic novel form on occasion, that's about it.

8. I would actually like to read this. Like Korly, I stopped reading when they took forever to give Wolvie back his adamantium after Magneto ripped it from his body. I just don't know if I've missed too much to jump in and read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo
    I'll pick up stuff used or in graphic novel form on occasion, that's about it.
    I always liked the idea of the graphic novel. I just haven't been able to find "The age of Apocalypse" that way.

Bad ass. So this comes out of the events of the 9-11 Spiderman issue?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe
    I always liked the idea of the graphic novel. I just haven't been able to find "The age of Apocalypse" that way.
    Try borders, 3 of them I've been to have Age of Apocalypse.