Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Major RPG Announcement Coming for 360

Xbox 360 II Major RPG Announcement Coming for 360

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Famitsu Editorial Director Hirokazu Hamamura has revealed in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu that a major RPG announcement will soon take place for Xbox 360. According to Hamamura, if this game were released on the PlayStation 2, it would sell 500,000 copies.

So what is this mystery title? We'll leave the speculation to you, but it should be noted that Hamamura did not specify if we're dealing with an original game a franchise title.
    M3g6t0n.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 08 Mar 2006 at 08:40 PM.

2. I'm hoping it'll be another Chrono game. I can't imagine any new RPG franchise selling 500,000 for the PS2.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. First off, you suck at the hotlinking.

Secondly, did Microsoft guarantee to cover the difference between the estimiated number of units sold and the actual number sold plus a few million more? That is the only way they would ever get anything even remotely notable. Beyond that, there really is nothing to go with -- I thought every JRPG made sold over half a million units in Japan (because the Japanese game-playing populace is silly like that)...

-Dippy

4. 500K on the PS2 over there is like 75K or less on the 360. At best. Ninja Gaiden on the PS2 would have sold like 3 million copies. DOA4 would have sold probably 2 million. High profile games that sell 500K copies over there are like the worst of the Nintendo games or the second best soccer/baseball game. Put that on 360 and no one gives a damn
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 08 Mar 2006 at 08:14 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    500K on the PS2 over there is like 75K or less on the 360. At best. Ninja Gaiden on the PS2 would have sold like 5 million copies. DOA4 would have sold probably 2 million. High profile games that sell 500K copies over there are like the worst of the Nintendo games or the second best soccer/baseball game. Put that on 360 and no one gives a damn
    Joust Williams
    Location: Not in Japan so I don't care about Japanese game sales
    What the hell is this.

6. I don't care. Doesn't mean I can't say how non-newsworthy this is. Japanese gamers are xenophobic or something. This is also not news. "500K sales on PS2" is nothing unless you weren't expecting to sell. A huge game selling 500K is probably a disappointment in either region.

Besides, the topic says nothing about Japan. I should have known though.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 08 Mar 2006 at 08:19 PM.

7. what was the last non ds game to past 100 k...

8. what was the last non ds game to past 100 k...
    Gundam Climax

prior to that :
    Sengoku Musou 2
    Genso SuikodenV
    Disgaea 2

prior to that :
    Monster Hunter 2
    Last edited by dcharlie; 08 Mar 2006 at 08:59 PM.
    DCharlie

I hope it's Vandal Hearts III or Lunar III. Fuck Square.