Page 150 of 168 FirstFirst ... 136146148149150151152154164 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1672

Thread: Show Us Your Pets

1. I've seen several tame rats that do the shit you people speak of, like hanging out on a dude's shoulder while he walks around doing his thing. It's cool, and it makes me want to get one, but like Yoshi said, rats have a very short lifespan which must make owning one a bummer.

Also, their short lifespans probably really limit how much their can develop their otherwise impressive intelligence (much like, say, an octopus).
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Dec 2012 at 12:18 PM.

2. My sister used to keep rats. They are, indeed, among the cool animals that are capable of bonding with people. I've seen people with tame squirrels too, actually. Most rodents are just assholes who never catch on to the fact that I'm not there to eat them. Including bunnies. Bunnies are awful.

Some birds are cool. I met a Hyancinth Macaw that was one cool mothefucker, but endangered species are a bit out of my price range.

I really do like all animals, but I only feel inclined to keep the ones that want to be kept.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 02 Dec 2012 at 10:47 PM.

3. Menagarie

My sister's cat, Bailey.

Bailey, sleeping 'comfortably' in my laundry basket.

My boyo, Robbie

My mom's cat scrappy, cuddling Robbie. Scrappy spends a lot of time in my room cuddling and suffocating me with loves for some reason. It's some gross irony he's the clingy one, and I'm not for once ;p But in all seriousness, he gets on my nerves sometimes because he once laid on my lap for 4 days straight with almost no breaks and it was driving me INSANE. I don't even know why he likes being around me so much, he's not my cat and I don't really play with them, not even my own cat. But Robbie either adjusted to my personality or just suits me, cause he's never required I play with him. I like to think he's a grumpy old man, but more probably he just gets all his playing done outside when he's stalking and mutilating mice and birds. ;D

My b/fs cat, 'bo' I like to call him boregard, which pisses my b/f(Jeff)off, thus making it doubly enjoyable for me. ;p

Boregard with a pair of my b/fs socks. When Jeff started school he moved in with his roommate because he lived closer to the school Jeff was going to. He left his cat at his mom's and she said he found one of his socks when he left and was dragging it around the house and sleeping with it. It made me really sad when he told me that and I yell at him all the time to go love on his cat. I think if I was ever separated long-term from Robbie, he might go insane and end up being one of those news stories about a cat that traveled xx miles and found their owner, cause Robbie freaks out if I leave for even two days. He walks up and down the hall and calls for me in a weird, low pitched really long, depressed mewling then runs outside for 5 mins to look for me, then runs back in to see if I'm back yet. I honestly don't think I could leave for a long-term vacation without him getting horribly depressed and refusing to eat for whoever watches him. He won't even take chicken from my mom half the time, but if she hands it to me first and then I give it to him, he'll eat it. He's a baby like that, I guess. But because of my experiences with Robbie, I really empathize for poor Bo right now. ;[

Sorry for the novels

4. On an aside, my sister has a pet rat and they creep me out tbh. So do mice. She 's had both and I can't really remember if this was a rat or a mouse, but whichever she had before this one became GROSSLY obese because everyone but me always fed that thing people food, all the time. And it is NOT pretty when rodents become that huge, especially if they are male because it is just BAM NUTS EVERYWHERE. Their nuts turn into like half their fucking bodyweight, it is seriously one of the most repulsive things I've ever seen. Funny, but honestly repulsive. And they smell terrible to me, even with clean cages. I guess I just relate rodents to catfood and will always see them as a 'dinner animal' and not a pet type. I think bunnies are cute, but I would never get one because rodents you can't really play with and they don't talk to you like cats can. I don't doubt they are intelligent and you can teach them many things, but I need more intelligent communication from a pet. Some cats can communicate feelings through different tones as well as humans. This is probably one of the biggest reasons I favor cats more than dogs now. All the ones I've owned have always been big verbal communicators, I bond best with those types.

Blast it with piss.

6. lol.

I guess this is the new Dracula.

7. I don't get your references, but sorry for posting the same pic of Robbie twice. Didn't notice I posted it months ago.

8. Cute kitties!
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

KITTIES EVERYWHERE!

10. Someone say kitties?

Kiko in his new favorite place to nap.

Kumiko and Xamot having some bonding time

Fluffycat sleeping in a box of crap I just picked up, Baby Friend in his usual spot, cramped by the box that was placed there, and Maggot on the floor.

Tomax and Xamot eagerly awaiting the next episode of One Piece!