Page 5 of 168 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Pets

1. That's Stitch - photo taken when we went camping last year. We got her from the SPCA so we don't know exactly what she is but she looks mostly Doberman, albeit without her ears or tail cropped.

Hobbies: Stealing apples off the trees in the back yard, jumping about 6 feet in the air, and barking at strangers while running away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Sometimes my cat is the hardest mother fucker on the block, check the necklace and she's missing a leg.

haha, okay , I laughed at this and Ninjas' crazy ferret peeping out the window. I like all animals, but I'm generally more of a dog person because of reasons mentioned previously (ie, most cats are assholes). Being a financially unstable student right now leaves me being petless for the moment unfortunately.

3. This is my girlfriend's bunny, but since it lives with us and I clean up/feed it, I guess that qualifies as being my pet too. Her name is Kage.

Here she is as a baby, eating a slice of apple I'm holding for her (people always think it's some mutant bunny tongue).

Here she is, older, visiting my mom house, and her irish terrier.

And her cat.

This is just a clearer shot without her frumpy winter coat.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kage1.jpg 
Views:	791 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	18816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kage2.jpg 
Views:	791 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	18817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kage3.jpg 
Views:	794 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	18818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kage4.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	18819  

4. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    Your two...homos?
    Thats just what I call them, as they are always sleeping on top of one another. And they are both male.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    Question for cat owners, since i've never owned one. I've had dogs my whole life but can't do all the upkeep on my own, so i'm thinking about a cat. I've met nice ones and bitchy ones.
    My experence has been that male cats are the more friendly/happy/loving ones, while females tend to be the bitchy loners.

Other than that, yeah, its a crapshoot. If you get a more mature one from a shelter, you will have a better chance to see what thier personality is like.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. Always go to a shelter. If not for the whole 'save an animal' thing, do it so you can sit down and get a feel for the cat first. If you find an older cat instead of a kitten, it's likely to be more noticeable about its personality, so you won't get landed with a hyper-mean kitten or something.

And yeah, male cats tend to be nicer, though there are plenty of exceptions. My cat Jasmine was the nicest damn thing around, and hilarious (she was mentally retarded to a degree and wall-eyed so she couldn't jump on anything without falling off). Go for a male cat that's a year or two old and just try to socialize with it at the shelter, see how it reacts.

6. Here are two of my cats: Rocky and Spud. Spud's on the left, and Rocky's got his front leg wrapped her head in an adorable way. Spud is nearly 9, while Rocky is around 20. We got him from a pound when he was fully grown, and he's been a sweetheart for most of that time. Spud is the daughter of our other cat, Gracie (who is about 10.) Rocky has basically adopted Spud as his own, and they spend much of their time together.

Here's a shot of Gracie in a case of some kind -

Spud rolled up into a cute little ball -
    Last edited by Jeremy; 13 Mar 2006 at 12:12 AM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi
    And yeah, male cats tend to be nicer, though there are plenty of exceptions. My cat Jasmine was the nicest damn thing around, and hilarious (she was mentally retarded to a degree and wall-eyed so she couldn't jump on anything without falling off). Go for a male cat that's a year or two old and just try to socialize with it at the shelter, see how it reacts.
    I had a persian white cat (skinny too, all his life) that was really off-ish to everybody but me and my sister. He would pretend to lay next to you and then bite you when you stopped paying attention and run away. Sometimes we'd come home and see him sitting in the laziboy like a human with his back against the back of the seat (like, sitting up). Usually after a couple of seconds he would take off to the back hall (wear his food and shitter his) like we caught him in a big secret.

He also attacked children who strayed too close to him. He didn't have claws so he didn't do any damage. If I peaked around a corner at him and yelled HEY he would look me right in the eye and meow on queue. If I did it more than twice he would get angry and come after me. He was a great cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Quote Originally Posted by a few people
    Male cats are nice guys.
    I read something, somewhere a long time ago, that cats are nicer if you handle them when they're young. I have no idea if that's true.

I don't have pictures, so i'll just talk... I miss my kitties.

My cat Rocky (currently living in AL while i'm in NY ;_;) always gets in fights with this orange cat that lives in our neighborhood and comes home all scratched up. We try to keep him in at night, but he'll always pester you so he can fight some more. He's a real ass, too. He doesn't bite or scratch unless he's really pissed, but most of the time he'd rather be alone. Sometimes, though, just sometimes, he's really nice to you for no good reason. That's why i like him. He just wouldn't be the same if he gave a shit.

Patches, my brother's cat, is really skittish around people she doesn't know, but usually she's the most loving cat in the world. She's all purry and she likes to be carried. She also says, "MAAAA!" louder than anything. She hates being outside.

Then there's Grettle, the old one. She's only a year older than Patches, but she's crazy. If you say anything that sounds close to "Grettle", like kettle or mettle or bettle, she'll look at you and meow. She's also fat fat kitty. She'll go outside, but she usually only likes the backyard, inside the fence. She's nice, but doesn't not as nice as Patches.

Go for a male cat that's a year or two old and just try to socialize with it at the shelter, see how it reacts.
    You- "Dude. You wanna go out for a beer or something?"
    Cat- "Shut up, bitch. They won't let me out."
    You- "Whoa. Just whoa. This is a shelter, no one has to be here. Here i am, just trying to be nice to the homeless-"
    Cat- "FUCK. YOU. YOU STUPID WHORE."
    You- "I HOPE NO ONE WANTS YOU!"
    Cat- "I DON'T HAVE TO HOPE, 'CAUSE NO ONE WANTS YOU!"
    Donk

9. Quote Originally Posted by K3V
    That's Stitch - photo taken when we went camping last year. We got her from the SPCA so we don't know exactly what she is
    She looks like a cutie to me.

10. Updated pic of Link:

I take pics of him often, so there's several here.