Page 167 of 168 FirstFirst ... 153163165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1672

Thread: Show Us Your Pets

1. I’m not saying throw your cat out the door if it wants to stay indoors. Two of our cats want nothing to do with going outside. Staring out the window or going out on the porch roof that’s immediately below the second story bathroom window on nice days is all they want. I also have the privilege of living rurally.

day 42642 of quarantine. The crewmembers of the Enterprise have devolved to discussing the natural habitat of cats.

3. In a thread about pets. Imagine that.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Show Us Your Pets

We had Street Cat for the years we lived in the house in SC. He just showed up one day and never left. We already had 3 cats, so I laid the hammer down on him coming in. We kept our garage door up a little for him to come in there and sleep in shelter. He had his food and water, and a nice bed. Super affectionate. He’s disappear for a week every now and then, but once he came back with patches of fur missing and very underweight. We took him to the vet and he guessed he got into it with a dog somehow. He stayed more local after that. When we moved we asked the neighbor if he’d mind feeding him and he was cool with it.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. We have some strays in my neighborhood and there's a house down the block who does the same thing with their garage so they can get in. I was very relieved when I noticed that since it was the middle of winter at the time and I was getting ready to buy or build something for the cats if they had nowhere else to go.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 22 Apr 2020 at 07:36 AM.

6. We put a little space heater in the garage for Street Cat during the winter.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. I used to take care of a ton of street cats in my old neighborhood. They were everywhere. Most of them were not socialized enough to pet or anything. A few were and I tried to find homes for them when I could. Two of them stayed with me.

One was not feral, but abandoned by his family when they moved. He was not eating, starving himself and depressed. He refused to eat until I brought him in and gave him some love and attention. I tried adopting him out but he ended up bonding hard to me, and after seeing what losing his last owner did to him, I couldn't do that to him again.

The other was my crazy feral girl. She came in with another from outside. The other was friendly and we found a home for. She turned out to be pregnant and had a litter of three kittens. We let her raise the kittens and then adopted two of them out. She never really came around to being a normal house cat so I couldn't adopt her out but at that point I couldn't kick her out either. She's a well mannered guest in the home besides.

8. I love street cats!

Here's my beast.

9. I'm guessing that's a female?

10. Yeah tortoiseshell cats are always female.