Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Lament of Innocence' is my favorite Castlevania game

1. Oh yeah that's another one,

Powerstone 2 sucks ass. Make a third game, make it like the original and you have one incredible game on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    [*]Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 is the best THPS style game ever made
    Aggresive Inline always gets over looked.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    Aggresive Inline always gets over looked.
    Not by me. It was a cool game and I had fun with it. But it's not in the top 5 of the genre if you ask me.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. - Unreal Tournament is not as good as Quake 3.
    - Katamari Damacy is 90% style.
    - Rez is 95%.
    - Oddworld: Strangers Wrath is pretty dull.
    - The Trackmania games are the greatest racing games ever, and they don't even have car to car collision.
    - The worst action RPG on the planet is better than the greatest traditional RPG on the planet.
    - You are a cum dumpster.

No, I can't go back to not having the revert and I really dig the flatland tricks, so 4 it is.
    Nah, the DS game is better than 4.

4. - Rez is 95%.
    Id say closer to 99%. Id like to find a single person, even a fan of Rez (or Mizguchi), who thinks the game is anything but pure style. But its kind of the point of the game and its not really a diss to call it so.

• Style is just as important as substance.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    Nah, the DS game is better than 4.
    Heh, I have the DS one but I really haven't been able to put any time into it yet. So maybe you're right, but the console games still should have ended at 4.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. Style is just as important as substance.
    Yeah, this is another big one.

7. -The last PC game I really sat down and played any considerable amount was Rollercoaster Tycoon.
    -I've only beaten 10-15% of the games I own.
    -The DC was far and away Sega's best system.
    -I wish nothing but fiery death upon people who look at a US release list, say "eh, nothing really interests me", and then proceed to talk about needing to preoder shitty new import DC shooters.
    -I suck at rhythm games, but I love them.
    -Sim racers like GT and Forza are the most boring shit ever.
    -I used to love strategy games/SRPGs, but they're really starting to outwear their welcome and are fast drifting towards becoming as formulaic and stale as JRPGs.
    -Meteos is WAY better than Lumines.
    -GTA has a lot of potential, but it's way too horrible at pretty much every single gameplay mechanic it attempts to be considered good.
    -Western art design makes me sick to my ass. I will grant that a lot of the initial designs have been getting better as of late, but in-game they still end up looking like grated bull testicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    • Every Mario Kart game is shit except Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart Super Circuit. Mario Kart DS was the most overrated game of last year, next to Perfect Dark Zero.
    • SNK has made, like, 5 good games in their history, outside of the NGPC.
    • Sega was never better than during the Dreamcast's lifespan.
    • Nintendo has never been better than Dreamcast-era Sega.
    • Linear games are, in general, better than non-linear games.
    • Phantasy Star Online is the best Phantasy Star game.
    From now on, I'm calling you YDNA, because you're fucking backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    • Style is just as important as substance.
    Another YDNA example.

9. ok so basicly another say something that needs to be said thread then? ok heres my flamebait.

1. nintendo, at its worst(the gamecube) is still better than sega has ever been
    2. world of warcraft is just not a good game.
    3. mmo's are boring to play solo, the worst platformer ever made still has superior gameplay to the best mmo.social aspect or nothing.
    4. ninja gaiden was better than god of war, and ninja gaiden black was better than ninja gaiden.
    5. the psp has yet to justify the price point.
    6 open ended games are great, but will never have really tight gameplay, gta didnt, morrowind didnt, deus ex, oblivion wont. freedom is a trade off for really good gameplay.
    7. the metal gear series is stupid, if you can honestly tell me the stories are good i laugh in your face.
    8 there are just as many good games from the west as there are from asia, not more, not less.
    9 the story in god of war is not good, its a standard revenge/quest story with greek gods bolted on, thats nice and all but its still a basic teenager testosterone story with a shallow lead character.

ok see the flames begin to crawl and all that.
    Last edited by frostwolf ex; 12 Mar 2006 at 08:21 PM. Reason: i misspelled flamebait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.