Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: When the Finchie comes around

1. o-only one of them is smoking! i learned that smoking is cool from you and Pecos Bill, Scourge!
    Donk

2. Smoking is yucky.

3. Smoking may double, perhaps even triple one's own coolness, but it's not very cute...

Finch! If I can ever make myself start writing again and get moving on that children's book I've always wanted to do, I want to throw piles of money at you to illustrate it! But the smoking is only to be enjoyed by responsible adults!

4. Kids smoking is adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B000EXZH56.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	31348  

6. You should have drawn the little chick with a cig in it's beak.

Also, I'm just going to pretend that's a candy Cigarette. That kid looks too young and innocent to be smoking.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    o-only one of them is smoking! i learned that smoking is cool from you and Pecos Bill, Scourge!
    But you're young and innocent. I'm old and an addict.

8. Gingham is a responsible adult! She's 17, which a few years ago was legal smoking age in a few states! Smoking is Gingham's vice!

there's little chance of this getting done before valentine's day, since it's that day already. But it'll be done sometime next in time for next year! prolly early next week.
    Donk

9. Alright! I've broken my usual winter drought by nearly a whole month!

So um, i'm not proficient or anything with InDesign (though i do lie about being so on my resumé and cover letters!), but i figure i can take anything it throws at me. Quark feels so outdated, even compared to InDesign CS2! I can't import .ai files? How am i supposed to use this garbage? Convert to jpeg and not be able to use bezier curves? Fizzle on that!

anyway, so i combined the powers of Illustrator and InDesign to make

this!

comments and criticism wanted! i had drop shadow on it, but i thought it looked silly, like a guy who just discovered drop shadow put a drop shadow on it because it looked neat. Drop shadow is the new lens flare, maybe!
    i think i might do the rest of the pic in illu too, i just wanted to make a card-type for now. or i might get some transfer paper and transfer it to water color paper and watuh coluh it, since it's been years and years since i've water colored. I don't know yet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kittyvalentine.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	31693  
    Donk

10. Needs maybe a little grey oval shadow to anchor her to the sidewalk, other than that, neat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!