Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: When the Finchie comes around

1. Please, comment.

[edit] By comment, i mean, tell me what sucks and what doesn't suck. If you say all of it, please kill yourself and come back to life so you can start all over again and try to do something you don't suck at, that's good too.
    Donk

2. lol WTF is going on in this picture? I really like the stylized nature of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. :) Thank you. Little guy is giving big guys whatfor. That's what's happening.
    Last edited by Finch; 28 Apr 2006 at 10:54 AM.
    Donk

4. I like the big guys, but I'm not crazy about the little guy. I think he looks too manga-ish compared to the others, and not in a good way either, in, like, a Ben Dunn way.

5. That's yucky. He's the only one that i didn't make up just for this picture. I keep trying to change him to make him more of his own character. I guess i'll just keep doing that.
    Donk

6. The dog looks woozy. Overall I like this pic the best of any you've posted. I'm not going to criticize the coloring or any technical stuff because as a stylized piece I think it works. I noticed the manga-ish look of the little guy too, which is fine if the whole picture is done in that style but it stands out in contrast to the styles of everybody else.

So, ...

a) the dog looks either woozy or gay or both (not that there's anything wrong with that), and

b) the little racoon/tanuki guy is drawn in a different style than the rest.

7. The big three are a blank slate. So as of right now, he's gay.

Poor Jake. I'll think of something for him.
    Donk

8. Why is it Right Foot Forward if he's putting his left out?

I like the gay dog the best.

9. I agree that the dog looks out of place. I also think that you should work some of the look of the slice of building on the right side of the picture into the style of the rest of it. Not necessarily by applying a similar kind of texture to other parts of the background, but like the way you put the whites on the window pane and such. Also, I think it'd be better if it looked more like three dimensional bricks and not like wallpaper.

Besides that it's fine, I think.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap
    Why is it Right Foot Forward if he's putting his left out?

I like the gay dog the best.
    Because i noticed after i finished drawing it that that everyone was standing on their right foot. The picture itself is actually a little bigger. I'm glad you looked at my self-proclaiming whore post.

The alligator is my favorite. I like alligators.

I agree that the dog looks out of place. I also think that you should work some of the look of the slice of building on the right side of the picture into the style of the rest of it. Not necessarily by applying a similar kind of texture to other parts of the background, but like the way you put the whites on the window pane and such. Also, I think it'd be better if it looked more like three dimensional bricks and not like wallpaper.
    He's a hamster, but what animal he is doesn't matter that much. and he's going through some minor redesigns. Pray for him. He's strong on the outside, but he has a weak heart.

As for this, it took me way too long to finish it (estimate 30+ hours(it took me like two hours to get the shading on the upper lip), cuz i suck at The GIMP(computer coloring program which i used)) so i'm going to leave it alone and move on to something else for now. I might come back to it, but for now, i'm done.
    Donk