Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: When the Finchie comes around

1. I think the line quality on the little guy is a bit off compared to the other characters, like, the "chunk" of the others is missing from him. Maybe toss a little bit of shadow under him so he's anchored in space, also-- he's kinda Colorforms lookin' at the present. Same with the Coke can. It looks like they're throwing it at him, but there's nothing to indicate if it's in the air or on the ground or what.

---

Pretty fuckin' groovy, Finch. Good job!

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog
    I think the line quality on the little guy is a bit off compared to the other characters, like, the "chunk" of the others is missing from him. Maybe toss a little bit of shadow under him so he's anchored in space, also-- he's kinda Colorforms lookin' at the present. Same with the Coke can. It looks like they're throwing it at him, but there's nothing to indicate if it's in the air or on the ground or what.
    Ha. That colorforms thing makes me laugh, because i can imagine sticking him on there. I see what you mean, tho. I had a problem with the original uncolored picture, but i thought coloring fixed it. If someone sees it, it's obviously still there.

Pretty fuckin' groovy, Finch. Good job!
    Thank you very much!
    Donk

3. Yeah, the little hamster guys style is a little off from the others, like people have said.

I think a large part of the problem with him though is also just composition. The picture has great depth, accept him. He seems flat on the surface ofthe picture instead of inside of it. To fix this you first need to just move him up in the picture slightly so he looks further back in the alley. Secondly take advantage of that can you have lying in the alley and put some of it behind him instead of directly next to him. Would make the whole thing way more dynamic.

But the alligator looks awesome.
    your mom

4. Thanks, Mman. ;_; You're a good guy after all.
    Can... maybe moving it in front of him would help? I was trying to make it look like he was kicking it, but YellerDog said something similar.

If i have not said it already (i looked and i don't think i expressed it as i wanted), this thread has been more help than i've gotten in my three years out of college. Thank you, thank you, thank you. If any of you are in NYC and don't mind awkward silence, i will buy you pizza and beverage at Valentino's.*

*but be nice, i'm poh and can not afford like three whole pies or something.
    Donk

5. i'm not sure this was mentioned 'cause i didn't read all this stuff but the little guy has like....manga/anime teeth while the rest have real animal teeth. since the little guy is doing that big mouth mad face manga yell thing it kinda seperates him from the others that way....to me, anyway.

i didn't know you lived in ny. are you an east caoster originally?

6. It was mentioned, but no one said anything about the teeth. That helps me pinpoint the problem with him. Thank you. I'm mostly Alabama man but was all over southern man until about three years ago.
    Donk

7. That last image is awesome. For all the tweaking advice (I agree with all of it, except the wallpaper bricks comment from rezo, I like the wallpaper bricks) the image still stands on it's own IMO. I don't know what you want to do with your art, but if you made a kids book, I'd buy for my daughter, and if you made a comic book, I'd buy for myself. You've progressed wonderfully in the span of a single thread.

8. :-: I do not have a semi-colon on my phone or i would be crying real tears of joy. I really appreciate that. The criticism helps me, but that kind of compliment, especially from a complete stranger, is motivation that i dream about. Silly, but it's true. I hate my work for a long while before i start to like it, and that period of hatred makes me just about call it quits every single time. I imagine everyone does that. Does everyone else feel worthless after they finish a major work?
    Donk

9. Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    Silly, but it's true. I hate my work for a long while before i start to like it, and that period of hatred makes me just about call it quits every single time. I imagine everyone does that. Does everyone else feel worthless after they finish a major work?
    LOL, it's called working in the creative industry every day.

The best thing you can do at that point is to channel any frustration into more art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Alright... $20 scanner is GOOOOOO! Because i'm a whore and it looks so different, i'm reposting the second Patri picture. SCANNED. *play music* Scourge-inspired mama's day picture is next.

Donk