Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    After one of the "park and open the gate" sections, it's like ankle-deep water for miles. Had there been an impassable radiation field, I'd have thought, oh yeah, boat.
    So you seriously tried to get through the entire pre-helicopter level and never once thought "you know, that boat I completely ignored would make this incredibly huge, comparatively empty level (with oddly-placed, ramp-like surfaces all over the map) MUCH EASIER. Maybe I should go back or load an autosave"? That's some Rain Man stuff, there.
    Last edited by epmode; 15 May 2008 at 09:19 PM.

2. Man, fuck that boat. I was happy to be done with it, or so I thought. I question you for liking that shit.

edit: When I can walk from one gate platform to the next gate platform and open THAT gate, that is the game saying "yes, keep walking, that seems to work". It's bad design, flat out.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 15 May 2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: and FUCK your MOTHER
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. What was wrong with the controls, though? Seriously, I don't understand the complaints. Seemed like a good approximation of an airboat.

Unless it was making you motion sick or something. Then yeah, fuck the boat.

4. You're fucking nuts. Have you ever even been on a boat, Jersey?

The camera setup, in which apparently a ghost is driving the boat as opposed to character model, left a lot to be desired, the entire level felt like it was slapped together by a series of happy accidents in the game engine, it went on FOR-EVER, the combat was silly, the ramps would insta-kill you 1/3 of the time (busted engine), etc etc etc

The game was very nice up to that point, except for the goofy busted physics.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 15 May 2008 at 09:32 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You're fucking nuts.
    <3.

HAY I'M GOING TO GO WATCH THE OFFICE AND LOST, WE CAN CONTINUE TO ARGUE ABOUT BOATS LATER IF YOU WANT.
    Last edited by epmode; 15 May 2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: You stealth edited all that other stuff after my post! BUSTED PHYSICS? YOU'RE NUTS, NOT ME.

6. OH MAN!

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You're fucking nuts. Have you ever even been on a boat, Jersey?
    What an odd thing to say. Do you think we're landlocked or something? Half the fucking state is beaches and the other half is riverfront.

The complaint about not knowing you needed the boat was hilarious, but then I guess it's no worse than me fighting through the sewers in Castlevania: CotM without the boots. Sometimes we miss the obvious, I guess.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 15 May 2008 at 09:39 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The complaint about not knowing you needed the boat was hilarious, but then I guess it's no worse than me fighting through the sewers in Castlevania: CotM without the boots. Sometimes we miss the obvious, I guess.

LOL, I did the same god damn thing, made me almost break my hand about 3 times.

9. It's totally true about missing the obvious, but I still blame Valve.

It knocked HL 2 from a "B+" to a "C-".

10. Half Life 2 is definitely an A+. I think your problem is a user related error. Also, you didn't play it on a console did you?
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150