Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    The only thing that anyone could dislike about this game is the combat. And the combat isn't terrible.
    So you enjoyed the cookie-cutter storyline that was the antithesis of the actual title and the bland stereotyped characters? Or was it the stealth sections where people moved in a ridiculous, robotic fashion with thier periferal vision surgically removed?

Great setting though.
    Last edited by AaronChance; 14 Mar 2006 at 11:51 PM.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

2. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    ok is BG&E really that good? i have ot ony my PS2 HDD and havent played it. heck i got Onimusha 4 today, plus i got a buncha 360 shit i need to play. Is BG&E worth it? ...i have to admit there is something about euro developed games that i don't like....not sure if it's the art or atmosphere...

Yeah, you need to get it, but on GC. The other two versions have a chugaliscious framerate and the GC version runs at 60 fps with added effects not in the other versions. Ancel favored the GC hardware over the XBox and PS2 and the GC rev is stunning, one of the best games of this gen.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

3. The GC version is indeed, probably the best, but to say it has a solid 60fps is a lie. The framerate is good though.

4. It does chug a little in some areas, but mostly it's damn good. It's a lot better than the other two versions.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

5. I played the Gamecube version and found it to be technically sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    So you enjoyed the cookie-cutter storyline that was the antithesis of the actual title and the bland stereotyped characters?

Great setting though.
    What's cookie-cutter about the storyline? Maybe it's a BIT bland, but it beats the fuck out of this other shit I've been playing, and the presentation/perspective of the main character, the journalist, makes it all that much better. What's bland about the main characters? Did you want MGS style stealth sections? Shit, it's almost exactly like sneaking around MGS guards. They're just as daft as the ones in 1. Jeez. I don't understand you gamers sometimes.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. The name of the game is Beyond Good & Evil. Much as I enjoyed it, I've no idea what the title has to do with anything.

James

8. It's better than "The Gay Science"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    What's cookie-cutter about the storyline? Maybe it's a BIT bland, but it beats the fuck out of this other shit I've been playing, and the presentation/perspective of the main character, the journalist, makes it all that much better. What's bland about the main characters? Did you want MGS style stealth sections? Shit, it's almost exactly like sneaking around MGS guards. They're just as daft as the ones in 1. Jeez. I don't understand you gamers sometimes.
    Guards in MGS didn't stand in place and make 45 degree turns at set intervals, not looking down to see someone right at their feet. It was absurd and deconstructed all the work put into making this world believable.

A tough-minded chick journalist uncovers an evil plot behind the facade of a supposedly benign organization... what part of this isn't sounding painfully familiar? Do you think Highlander 2 was a masterpiece of cinema or something? Only to end by ripping off the Silver Surfer... gah. DMC3 had better plot than that, and it was shit.

Characters? We have Jade, the tough girl journo whose an orphan like 90% of videogame characters, and we have a pig man that acts like every other pig man I've ever seen in games or animation. The rest of the characters had so much depth I can't remember them... well, except for the stereotypical Jamaicans, but Cool Runnings had more developed characters so I doubt you're hanging your argument on them.

I still think the world was lovely though. Most games only wished they looked that good.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. I've got my hopes up too many times over this crap; I've learned my lesson.

When we see screenshot I'll believe it's being made.