Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2

1. Day 1 purchase, I might even tip the cashier.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    Guards in MGS didn't stand in place and make 45 degree turns at set intervals, not looking down to see someone right at their feet. It was absurd and deconstructed all the work put into making this world believable.

A tough-minded chick journalist uncovers an evil plot behind the facade of a supposedly benign organization... what part of this isn't sounding painfully familiar? Do you think Highlander 2 was a masterpiece of cinema or something? Only to end by ripping off the Silver Surfer... gah. DMC3 had better plot than that, and it was shit.

Characters? We have Jade, the tough girl journo whose an orphan like 90% of videogame characters, and we have a pig man that acts like every other pig man I've ever seen in games or animation. The rest of the characters had so much depth I can't remember them... well, except for the stereotypical Jamaicans, but Cool Runnings had more developed characters so I doubt you're hanging your argument on them.

I still think the world was lovely though. Most games only wished they looked that good.
    I have never played a game which had a similar type of story presented the way it was. I really liked how you took pictures and it ended up in the newspapers and so forth. Taking pictures of animals was a lot of fun. It was slick, it was fresh. Its been in movies before but I dont play movies. Pey'j was IMO a horrible character (probably what the French think all Americans are like) and I was a little bit glad when he got captured but the other guy, QQ or whatever, I liked him a lot.

The stealth sequences were awful but I went over that. Stealth in games is to me like one of those things that always sounds good but never is. The way it mixed up different genres was flawless, I loved that driving sequence before the slaughterhouse. And fighting those soldiers was a lot of fun, I think if they ditched the stealth and worked on the combat a bit so you could fight 2 or more at once would've made the game a million times better.

Like I said a good game but imperfect. Ancel is a smart guy so if hes working on BG&E2 I trust that he knows what works and what didnt in the first one.

3. I picked up BG&E a while back for $10, played a little into it, enjoyed it, but then it went on my pile and hasn't been touched since. I think it eventually deserves another chance, however.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I picked up BG&E a while back for $10, played a little into it, enjoyed it, but then it went on my pile and hasn't been touched since. I think it eventually deserves another chance, however.

I did the same thing. When I sat it down after playing it for a while i didn't think much of playing again till i started hearing good things from it. Then I picked it back up and wouldn't stop playing it till i beat it. And I felt it was worth the purchase and with the ending left the way it was, I wanted another badly. I'm not going to get hopes up till i see screen shots tho.

5. http://ps2.ign.com/articles/700/700254p1.html
    Today, Ubisoft announced that a new Rayman title is indeed in development at Ubisoft's Montpellier studio, lead by Ancel. Though the company is holding back on details, it did confirm that the new game will arrive for both current- and next-generation systems.
    Ancel is back!

6. Cool. But that probably means that this BG&E2 news is bunk.

7. New Ancel-directed Rayman is just as good in my book.

8. well, it only took 2 years but finally a bit more concrete info is up. apparently bg&e 2 is in pre production, and has been for some time, and ancil is on it, but ubisoft is dragging their feet greenlighting it. http://kotaku.com/390720/there-is-a-...evil-2-sort-of

9. The first one wasn't that great honestly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!