Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If fun and Wind Waker were in the same room, the universe would cease to exist.
    Wind Waker was good. Granted, the sailing was a pain in the ass, and it was easily the least challenging game in the series.

But when you're at underwater Hyrule Castle, and you pull the Master Sword, and everything comes to live... beauty. Also, it had the best final boss fight of the series. This is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. I liked everything that was a dungeon. But everything that wasn't a dungeon is SwordQuest for Atari bad.

3. You also think Iron Man wasn't that great of a movie and most Master System games had wonderful music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If fun and Wind Waker were in the same room, the universe would cease to exist.
    You've been over using the hyperbole quite a bit lately. WW had a lot of fun shit going on in it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. BG&E was barely a game. I think I did more photography than I did fighting or skimming the seas. The stealth wasn't bad. The final battle was a bad joke. Would have made a better movie.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. Fuckin' A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I liked everything that was a dungeon. But everything that wasn't a dungeon is SwordQuest for Atari bad.
    The town was good, too. And some of the islands had very intriguing designs. The overall animation was top-notch. The story did an efficient job of mixing things up a bit. Overall, the game had a lot of strong points. And Tingle was actually funny. ("What's that? Are you... *sniff, sniff*... poor?")

You're letting your red-hot rage for the sailing spill over into other aspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

True, Wind Waker has plenty of good points (I did keep my copy) but for a game in one of the most loved franchises ever, it's easy to be disappointed by its flaws and exaggerate. I was enjoying the game but by the time I got far into it, I was getting sick of that ocean. It's such an integral part of the design that the player can't ignore it, unfortunately.

9. Was there an option to invert the X-axis in Beyond Good & Evil (Xbox version)? I don't remember there was such an option, and it pissed me off throughout the game. That alone kept me from enjoying it as much as any of the Zelda games. Hopefully the sequel will have it.