Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony will quit making physical PSVita games.

1. Sony will quit making physical PSVita games.

Source: Kotaku
    By the end of fiscal 2018, Sony will not be making any more games on card for the PSVita in Europe or North America.
    All Vita product code requests must be in by 6/28, & final purchase orders by 2/15/19. Fiscal 2018 will end on 3/21/19.

I'm not going to blame mobile gaming for this, nor the Switch. It's all Sony's fault. Surely, they killed the Vita with those damn high prices on proprietary memory cards.

2. It hurts my eyes to roll them so hard every time I see someone blame memory card prices forvthe Vita’s failure.
    Yet here we are all these years later, still rolling rolling rolling.

what

3. So does this mean that in a years time there will be no PSVita games on store shelves instead of three?

4. Vita is an old system and its in its final stages of life. Sony is moving on.

I thought Sony was already done with them. I didn't think about them manufacturing the ones third parties use.

6. Sony is bad and should feel bad

7. I didn’t know anything Vita was still being made. But this makes sense for a portable anyways.

8. The PSP imo was a better marketed system.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Vita is a fun little system, and it is wild that it still gets new releases in 2018. However, I am surprised it took Sony this long to kill it "officially", given that they haven't market this thing for something like the past 5 years. Most of the new physical releases are garbage games from LRG or VNs, so unless you are into those, it is no big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I thought Sony was already done with them. I didn't think about them manufacturing the ones third parties use.
    Sony gave up on it years ago, it's been kept alive by weird weeb shit and collectards.