Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23333536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2

1. This is Swiss K-Bups chocolate!

According to Michel Ansel, this is at "day zero of development."

3. What comes out first, this or the FF7 Remake?

4. In Japan, they are already at BGaE4 remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    What comes out first, this or the FF7 Remake?
    You didn't read the story about Aeris being reincarnated into this? They're canonical now.

6. It sounds stupidly ambitious. Like actually idiotic. I want to grab Ancel by the shoulder and scream "NO, NO ONE ACTUALLY WANTS FUCKING NO MAN'S SKY AGAIN. FUCK JUST MAKE IT LIKE THE OLD ONE WITH MORE CAPTAIN HARLOCK, MAKE A FUCKING MOVIE, WHATEVER THIS SHIT IS WILL NEVER BE FINISHED"

7. Cautiously REALLY FUCKING EXCITED

Can't say I'm not disappointed that it's not a 'proper sequel,' but at least it seems fresh. And ambitious!

8. ): I'll link it later but if the vivendi thing happens it's possible they just put the trailer out as a last hurrah

9. I will admit that shifting BGE2 to this model does seem like it might draw more attention, and a bigger audience, than a straightforward narrative. I wonder if Ancel was simply unable to acquire the resources he wanted, so he shifted the scope a bit. Or a lot.

Either way, the small-ish following of the original has surely only grown thanks to things like Steam over the last decade, so maybe we'll see a Twin Peaks-type of amazing resurgence that simply wouldn't have been possible had a sequel actually surfaced around '08.

Also, there's a ton more information about what the actual game could be like in this article (which has a behind-the-scenes video embedded): http://bgegame.com/2017/06/09/get-to...eam-behind-it/

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the "No Man's Sky"-esque scale—Zelda BOTW sure opened up its scale and we see how that went down mostly wonderfully—the concept has worked decently ever since the days of BBS gaming, and if anything I think a hearty dose of compelling characters is exactly the kinda thing that No Man's Sky needed.

10. Fun fact: I reviewed this game for GameZone.com back in January 2004. (I would have been 16. HA! Got that reviewin' games bug outta my system real early on.)

https://web.archive.org/web/20040603...ews/r20546.htm

*cringe*

I got a review copy for free on PC, but I loved it so much I went out and bought a copy on Xbox as well. NOBODY KNEW ABOUT THIS GAME AT THE TIME. By the time I got the Xbox copy, it had already been bargain priced at $20 or so.