Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253537383940 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I hope it feels completely different, the first game was Bad Zelda.
    In the context of the year it was released, it could also be taken as Better Wind Waker.

But this clearly plays quite differently. Skip to 6:00 to get to gameplay.

I’m really surprised you guys didn’t like it. It was a good game. The story and character designs were interesting. It only has a couple janky bits which unfortunately includes the opening. The hovercraft is fun. Playing find the unique animal is fun. The levels were designed well. It was a really good first effort at a new franchise.

Besides the crappy intro segment I remember some of the hovercraft stuff being a bit jank but less than halo or gears sequences. Or even better, RE6 had whole dricing sequences where you didn’t even need to touch the controller.

The worst part of the game was the combat I guess. I don’t even have any memory of it at all. It definitely wasn’t a game to be played for challenge...but neither are Zelda games really.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 12 Jun 2018 at 09:09 AM.

I still think the first BG&E was more Twinsen in modern (at the time) form than Zelda.

I'm not super feeling this new one yet but I think it has potential. I expected the gameplay to look more developed by now.

Yeah I like that comparison.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I like the original BG&E a lot.

I also have a thing for taking pictures in games, though. I remember the game trying to tell a big story by the end but feeling kind of small since it was limited to a few areas of town with a handful of NPCs. Also that song in the bar playing table hockey.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I still think the first BG&E was more Twinsen in modern (at the time) form than Zelda.
    Yeah, I've heard this connection made quite a bit over the years. But the inclusion of a water-based world, with a boat, and photography elements drew a lot of obvious comparisons to Wind Waker, though given their dev cycles this would have to have been more parallel thought than influence.

I expected the gameplay to look more developed by now.
    This game is like 18 months into development. It's a long way off.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    In the context of the year it was released, it could also be taken as Better Wind Waker.
    Yeah, but it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I tried playing through the game 3 times and just couldn't do it. I thought the level design was terrible.

9. PLEASE LET IT BE A BLOATED OPEN WORLD GAME WITH TEN MILLION ITERATIONS OF THE THREE TYPES OF TASKS AND WORLD MAP WITH MARKERS AND SET YOUR DESTINATION AND LOTS OF WEEDS AND DIRTS AND KINDS OF WASHERS AND NUTMEGS FOR CRAAFFFFFFFFFFTINNNNGGGGG

10. SYSTEM MESSAGE: You do not have enough dirtweeds (12) to craft the nutmegs (thunder element) for this washer ingot. Purchase more gemstains at the Ubisoft Mall?