Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Name the last time a sequel took a fucking decade and felt right.
    That's easy:

16 years and it's EXACTLY what it should be.

BG&E2, on the other hand, will almost certainly be a start departure from the first, but I have a lot of faith in Ancel to make it a great game in its own right.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    That's easy:

16 years and it's EXACTLY what it should be.
    Okay now name a game people care about.

3. Wouldn't that also exclude BG&E?

4. zing

5. Mainstream popular games seldom go that long without someone cashing in.

Exactly as many people care about the new Tex as ever cared about the old ones, and that's as it should be. They aren't reinventing or re-imagining, they're doing exactly what they should without any concessions, which is commendable.

6. I wonder how that Chakan sequel is coming along.

Wait... Blood Omen 2. How did that turn out?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. I still haven't finished the first BG&E. Lost interest in the first dungeon (somewhat like Ted Danson's recent HBO show, I was bored to death). There's something about bargain basement Zelda knock offs (Sphinx, Darksiders, this) that really bugs the shit out of me. OoT mercs the test of time though. Much believe.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Okay now name a game people care about.
    You don't get to change the rules just because you don't like the results. TxK is a sequel to Tempest 3000 and that turned out great too, from all I hear. Still waiting on the PC version to find out for myself, though. I don't really see the point in working with the "people care about" standard because, assuming I could find one, that would just mean the goalposts can be moved again.

James

9. we already named a bunch that have at least some popularity

we have a wide variety of examples
    Donk

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    I still haven't finished the first BG&E. Lost interest in the first dungeon (somewhat like Ted Danson's recent HBO show, I was bored to death). There's something about bargain basement Zelda knock offs (Sphinx, Darksiders, this) that really bugs the shit out of me. OoT mercs the test of time though. Much believe.
    I really thought BG&E out-Zelda'd Zelda. It came out a little before Wind Waker, and did everything right that that game did wrong. Wind Waker had this water-based world, but it was empty and boring and flat, and took forever to get anywhere, where BG&E had this compact, beautiful world packed with stuff to do. A lot of the side-stuff that was boring in Zelda (camera, etc) was fun in BG&E. I guess I'll hand it to Zelda's combat, but BG&E mostly comes up roses in the Zelda comparisons.