Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333436 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2

Yeah, that's the reverse concept that happens when a genre is first popularized. With Zelda/Metroid, it seems to me more about viewing the history of game design through a Nintendo filter.

Also known as the world according to Jeremy Parish

3. We really could use a Doom clone though ;(

4. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Yeah, that's the reverse concept that happens when a genre is first popularized. With Zelda/Metroid, it seems to me more about viewing the history of game design through a Nintendo filter.
    That's really interesting and as always you're right. IDK. I just found BG&E to be so boring at the time, and I still do all these years later. I bought the HD remake on XBLA willing to give it another shot, and tried to get into it, but couldn't. I actually feel the same way about Rayman. Aesthetics are really important to me in games, I love a good environment. Everyone always talks about how beautiful these games are (Rayman and BG&E). I just don't find them that beautiful. I know, objectively, that they are. But art is subjective and I don't dig it. Beyond the supposed beauty of these games, the gameplay in Rayman feels off to me, and the combat in BG&E is shallow. Ancel's games just aren't my bag.

I keep hoping a switch flips and I start getting into them though. I'm really excited about Child of Light. (I don't know if Ancel has anything to do with that.)

I keep thinking his games are like wine, or certain kinds of food. Something I won't appreciate until I'm older. But I keep trying every couple years, and I never get into them. Maybe if I was on a shitload of stimulants I could burn through BG&E, it would hold my attention.

edit- should mention I actually think Rayman Origins is legit beautiful. Probably Rayman Legends too but I haven't played that yet. But the 3D Raymans, and BG&E, just have very bland style (imho)
    Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 17 Apr 2014 at 02:29 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I really thought BG&E out-Zelda'd Zelda. It came out a little before Wind Waker, and did everything right that that game did wrong. Wind Waker had this water-based world, but it was empty and boring and flat, and took forever to get anywhere, where BG&E had this compact, beautiful world packed with stuff to do. A lot of the side-stuff that was boring in Zelda (camera, etc) was fun in BG&E. I guess I'll hand it to Zelda's combat, but BG&E mostly comes up roses in the Zelda comparisons.
    Those are some rose-colored goggles for BG&E and a menses-smeared welding mask for Wind Waker.
    Donk

6. I've been trying to finish BG&E for years and can't muster the interest to even turn it on. I want to like it, but there's something about it that feels hollow. The combat always felt off, the level design is average at best. Sound is great and it looked good at the time of release, but time hasn't helped the game either.

7. Destructoid is claiming that Nintendo is pulling a Bayonetta 2 and funding this for a NX 2017 release.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-nin...medium=twitter

According to a rumor received by Destructoid this week, the game may actually come to fruition in the not-too-distant future. If the information is to be believed, Nintendo has pulled a Bayonetta 2, securing the Beyond Good and Evil sequel as an NX exclusive for 2017.

So, what's our source here? Our initial source of the rumor comes from Alexander Maier, the Dual Pixels writer who published Geno's recent NX hardware rumors last weekend. Geno, who has successfully leaked new Pokémon forms and Microsoft's IllumiRoom project, provided Maier with a lengthy document, which was passed on to Destructoid to assess for veracity.

We also reached out to a second source, who independently gave a number of the same bullet points regarding the future of Beyond Good and Evil. The number of points of crossover between these two sources suggests that this rumor, while not confirmed by Nintendo, may hold water.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Ugh. Fuck second party exclusives.

9. Would this have ever been made without major financial backing, though? Didn't seem like it was going anywhere.