Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: psychedelic rock suggestions

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I really only like the one album with the guy shaking his own hand and his twin is on fire, on the cover.
    That's WYWH. The keyboards on it are AMAZING, and the cover represents both getting burned by the record company and Syd Barrett's delusions. With only four songs, it plays like an EP, but with the epic SOYCD stretching it out to nearly 45 mins. Each of the four songs have a unique sound to them yet they come together with the same themes of delusion, isolation, acceptance and at the same time making fun of the suits they just sold out to.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 03 Apr 2010 at 04:48 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    On another note. Doc why the fuck do you play with the TNL search function all day?
    Same reason I keep showing up to your's mom's house, I like to bump old shit.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. My opinion on a lot of bands have changed since 2006... but Pink Floyd isn't one of those bands. Sorry Doc.

4. Pink Floyd is probably my favorite band, and Money is probably my least favorite song. I can understand people being sick of the cuts off of Dark Side, The Wall, and Wish; but they have so much more to offer.
    The Final Cut is a phenomenal album that I can honestly say I never heard one cut from on classic rock radio. I guess playing another brick in the wall 200 times a week doesn't leave much room.

Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Saucerful of Secrets, and Animals are all great examples of when 60's rock started reaching out from the Beatles norm.
    Listen to this all the way through

How can you not like that?

Yes, it's long, but it's just filled with so much texture and emotion. Also, that's less than half of the whole song.

Just another block rocking beat?

Then there's all the films they've done scores for.

I guess most fans have a preference between the barret/waters incarnations, but I love them both equally.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    There's not a song that group has ever written that couldn't be played by a 12 year old within 3 months of picking up an instrument for the first time.
    The ignorance of this statement astounds me.
    Also: I am not now nor have ever been a "stoner". I just like the way the melodies of certain bands can impact my mood or outlook on things. That's why I love Radiohead, Sigur Ros, and Floyd.

Also, part 2: The Division Bell can fuck off.

I guess SeaTrain turned into a skirt chasing band that played fag hippie songs. Because I can't find hardly any of their more experimental stuff on youtube.

8. How has no one mentioned Funkadelic yet? Their first four albums (Funkadelic, Free Your Mind, Osmium, and Maggot Brain) lean more rock than soul and are pretty excellent. Eddie Hazel was the fucking man.

9. Jennifer Gentle:

This is what you should be listening to !

I wish we had that evil thread with the getting of free things back.