Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: psychedelic rock suggestions

psychedelic rock suggestions

I've been listening to a lot of 70's rock. Many of the bigger bands site psychedelic rock as a big influence on them. So far I've liked what I've been able to track down. Its really raw and yet very experemental.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on rock music that falls under this catigory?

2. Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention.

Frank goes with out saying.

4. Fushitsusha

5. Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Any Pink Floyd album pre-Dark Side of the Moon, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Holy Modal Rounders, Blue Cheer.
    http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...es/canti04.gif
    The over imaginative Ninja's fought the rum filled pirates untill battle drew to a close.

I'll second the Pink Floyd. You might try "Live at Pompeii" as it has a mixup of some of their earlier recordings. Seriously though, I'd say Dark Side and Wish You Were Here would both fall under "psychedelic" if you used the term broad enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

fuck pink floyd.

8. The fuck is wrong with Floyd?
    http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...es/canti04.gif
    The over imaginative Ninja's fought the rum filled pirates untill battle drew to a close.

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    The fuck is wrong with Floyd?
    Josh doesn't like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

Okay, IP, first order of business is to go to the originater of the genre: Roky Erikson. I would suggest Roky Erikson's & the Aliens' The Evil One to start with, before getting into the 13th floor Elevators and other stuff. The other thing you must have is Hawkwind. Space Ritual and Warrior at the Edge of Time. Be wary, though, they have a lot of albums and most are ass- any of the older stuff up to about 5 years after Lemmy left the group is good, though.
    Really, these two groups and Black Sabbath are all you'll really need.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...