Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Autisic Highschool kid scores 20 pts in 4 minutes (basketball)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    There is a video out there of this and it is pretty awesome. He missed the first couple shots then he is on fire. I don't know how they went this long without realizing the kid could hit a shot. And the crowd goes nuts too.
    Yeah, I saw the video on Sportscenter a few weeks ago. Damn impressive for an autistic kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    I think the kid had polio.
    Going by his GameGo! bio, yeah, it was polio.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    People with autism are hardly retarded.
    Close enough.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Rain man was like the human calculator.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

5. Contrast that with The Fisher King, who was effectively worthless.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Close enough.
    Depends, like he said, with some people you can't even tell though with others, they're severely disabled. From what I've heard, even the worst cases are usually geniouses when it comes to certain things like music, mathematics, etc.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

7. No, thats not right. Some are really good at something, some are average at everything, some are completely useless.

Autism isn't like Downs syndrome where you either have it or you don't, there is a scale of severity. On one end, the lead singer of the Vines was diagnosed with mild autism (I suspect bjork has it myself), while the other end has people who are basically vegetables, almost incapable of communication.